• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

yr 12 subjects? (1 Viewer)

mark639

HSC
Hey i messed up my subject choices in yr 11, i was planning to do 4u maths in yr 12 but i messed up my yearly 3u test by gettin 50%.
My subs are:
Eng stand
Maths 3u
Eco
Geo
Marine Studies
Hospitality
i really don't wanna do hosp for my hsc, is there any other subjects that i can pick up in yr 12?

HSC
well unfortunately, there is nothing that you can pick, and you can just drop hospitality coz you have 11 units so your fine :)

mark639

HSC
nah i can't
cuz forgot 2 mention marine studies is a 1 unit course so i can't it for my hsc only for prelim

q3thefish

HSC
marine studies?

do you live under the sea of soemthing?

*breaks into little mermaid song*

..jeez gotta stop babysitting little cousins T_T

Thecorey0

HSC
There are a few courses that can be taken for one year. I am quite sure that 'sport, recreation and lifestyle studies' can be taken up in year 12 without having done year 11. I know a few people at my school who are choosing to do 'half-courses' this year. Generally speaking they are 'bad' students, and the teachers do not want them dropping to 10 units, having free periods and disrupting others. Most VET and board developed courses have a 120 hour 1 year course that can be started and finished in year 12 ( compared to the 240 hour 2 year course). If you choose a VET subject, I'm pretty sure you still get the qualifications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)