Zhu De anyone???????? (1 Viewer)

elliej92

HSC
Has anyone done Zhu De as their personality for modern? If so does anyone have any useful notes? It isn't a very popular personality (thats why my teacher picked it and why we had to do china as our national study, but thats a different story). Because he isn't really popular there aren't very many decent sources, in English anyway. The school has only given us to sources which i don't find that great. It's driving me crazy and we have an essay to write the question is " Evaluate the view that history has presented us with a balanced interpretation of Zhu De". Havn't heard of anyone doing this personality outside of my school and its not on this forum either, just curious.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I don't know any history. You'd found quite a lot on Zhu De from wikipedia write-up on him. Don't forget to look under Chu Teh as well. But I know Marshall Zhu De was a very major player in the founding of the New China (in Pinyin, Xinhua). He founded the Red Army, forerunner of the PLA (People's Liberation Army) He may not be well-known to westerners, but he is a well-known and well-regarded figure among the Chinese.

Just like to remind you that after 1949(?) Pinyin became the new standard for romanizing Chinese as opposed to Wade-Giles etc; I believe Pinyin is much more consistent and correct.

So look out for:

Kuomintang vs Guomindang (in Pinyin)
Chu Teh vs Zhu De
Mao Tse Tung vs Mao Zedong
Chungking vs Chongqing
Cheng-tu vs Chengdu
Chou En-lai vs Zhou Enlai
Szechuan vs Sichuan
Canton vs Guangzhou

etc

Last edited:

Beeck

HSC
I also do Zhu de and the only resources available on him are Agness Smedlys manuskrios and a print out we got written by an acedemic i hav found some stuff online but some of it is not very reliable and you have to be careful with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)