2024 HSC Chat (4 Viewers)

sepul

HSC
Hi all,

Student of HSC year 2003 here. I just wanted to reply to those of you wishing you had experienced the 90s and early 2000s. It pains me to say it, but the world was indeed more a more innocent and wholesome place back then in some ways. Lots of good stuff has happened since, but we've gone backwards in a few areas in my opinion.

Anyway, enjoy this time in your lives. I kinda hated it, and it's fair enough to feel like that as a lot of it is shit, but it offers a lot of opportunities and freedom that you only get at that stage of life, so make the most of it before enjoying the latter parts to come.

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
hey everyone, ik this is like my third time posting this but I promise im gonna lock in from Monday now that all celebrations are over💀💀
this is me rn i only studied like max 8 hrs last week and ive been waking up so late im locking in today

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Are we supposed to be quoting critics for module b coz my school said it's not expected

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Are we supposed to be quoting critics for module b coz my school said it's not expected
I would advise that you don't as you can lose marks by not having a personal voice. If you constantly quote critics, markers may feel that you are relying solely on the opinions of others and haven't taken the initiative to form your own.

susmaster24

HSC
I would advise that you don't as you can lose marks by not having a personal voice. If you constantly quote critics, markers may feel that you are relying solely on the opinions of others and haven't taken the initiative to form your own.
I lost a mark in my mod B internal for this; its good to use one or two – as it shows research and initiative – but yeah no more than two and let it be no longer than half a line.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
no u don't
i don't recommend it either
mod b is about developing ur own critical perspective influenced by other critics, u don't need to integrate them quote for quote when u can just have ur own perspective with it being implied u've read other critics' perspectives and made ur own analysis on it and integrated/left out what u feel was appropriate to integrate/leave out into ur own perspective
the hsc doesn't care either way tho but for now just listen to what ur school says

axe

HSC
hello guys anyone had any luck with study drugs, i am taking 200mg modafinil which does nothing for me, and have tried ritalin (upwards to 35mg) a few times which also has no effect at all as well. i do not study at all unless its the last day before an exam (its impossible i really have goddam tried). am i just really that lazy or do i need to up my dosage. im not autistic btw

elliott07

HSC
hello guys anyone had any luck with study drugs, i am taking 200mg modafinil which does nothing for me, and have tried ritalin (upwards to 35mg) a few times which also has no effect at all as well. i do not study at all unless its the last day before an exam (its impossible i really have goddam tried). am i just really that lazy or do i need to up my dosage. im not autistic btw
I recommend Swisse Focus + concentration vitamins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)