• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

««^ [H]öW MûçH §7ûd¥ ? ^»» (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
nick1048 said:
lol, good advice that no one will follow... actually that's kinda like all advice hahaha
it is good advice. i think i'll start trying it.
we do follow the advice for a while. a week or two and perhaps even a few months, but we start to lack motivation after that.
i always seem to write timetables but after a few days or weeks they never work out because all these new commitments start appearing.
sigh.

bunnie

Lozt said:
G'day

My tip is in reference to Yr 12 actually (i thought i'd put it in here, as u guys will b there soon, and prolly would wanna know this in advance!)

If you're looking for good good marks in HSC, & u're willing to put the effort in to achieve it, a good guideline would be 15 min / unit / day.

ie. if u're doing 2U english, allocate at least 1/2 hr worth per day.

This is ofcourse, in reference to studying (ie. revision / reading ahead), NOT homework.

If u're doing 12 units altogether, it means 3 hrs of solid study each day.

I know this seems like a lot, but I can assure u that if u're willing to put the effort into doing this, u would not be able to regret ur effort in yr 12!

Also, CONSISTENCE is the key! i know it's hard, but try keep it up with the study - a little bit each and every day! If u can get it into a habit, then u're most of the way there! =D

Good luck! =)
Thanks for the advice Lozt. :) I'm going to try and attempt that. For me, 3 hours doesn't sound bad, but I easily lose concentration grr. :(

Your UAI is really impressive! :D Did you stick to that ^ method everyday?

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
argggg

hyperbole said:
it is good advice. i think i'll start trying it.
we do follow the advice for a while. a week or two and perhaps even a few months, but we start to lack motivation after that.
i always seem to write timetables but after a few days or weeks they never work out because all these new commitments start appearing.
sigh.

U!!!! U STUDY MORE THAN ENUF!!! STOP GETTING HIGH MARKS :cries:

berry580

HSC
hatty said:
he is being serious

you MUST do 12 hours a day of study if u want a UAI higher then 75

pull ur socks up boy
Studying 12 hours a day and get 75% or more? :eek:
You have a single digit IQ or something?
I'm currently in yr11, and I study about 3 days before the test for about 4 hours everyday in that period, otherwise, I only randomly pick a subject and study for like less than 7 hours a week. And my half yearly report's average mark is 76% (average of all my subject's marks) with 2U math's 97% as top mark and standard english's 57% as worst mark.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
nick1048 said:
«««^^^How much study do you prelim people do on a^^^»»»

nightly???

OR

weekly???

basis?

!!!«»«»«»PRELIM PEOPLE ONLY«»«»«»!!!
on school days i do my homework ( which takes about 30 min)
work on assigment and studyt a little bit ( for 30 min)
so that is an hour
and if i have tests and stuff, or alot of work i will put in another 1 or 2

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
You guys are scaring me.

I don't do work, as in homework, or revision, or study for exams, or anything. (I do assessment tasks, but they're a bit more compulsory.)

The whole 'study' thing sounds really great, but I've tried, and failed. I just can't be bothered, I guess. Good on the rest of you for trying, though, and may you all last until the end of the HSC, and not burn out next Easter.

afta???

HSC
study neva ever worked for me either...
i only pick up my notes hopefully a week bfore exmas

the best i could do is browser thru some unnecessary yet helpful info on the net at times when i feel like it

HSC
i only managed to do up to 3 hours study in the form of homework, reading a chapter, maybe continue assignment if i have one and revising notes for a while before i fall asleep. average is 1 1/2-2 hours but i get bored very easily.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
To tell you the truth...in terms of assignments...there is no need to do it until the night before with the internet booming these days!!
as for study....just do say like a brief summary of everything.

afta???

HSC
well that usually works for most subjects except for legal wen my teacher just loves us to hand-in handwritten work

"so i'll know that at least you did some work even if you plagairised!"

but she's cool

madgebula

HSC
well...i think if you are aiming to get a 90 + UAI..there is no point siting down reading or sumfin for 3 hrs if u are actually not studyin PROPERLY..meaning ur just reading and actually not gettin anything into your head. BUT if u do study well and have good study skills i recommend about 3 hrs of study a night..and for weekends depends on your work load..i would do my assignments and maybe study up to 5 hrs.

:uhhuh:

Last edited:

afta???

HSC
we had this lecture early this year where people from this firm called elevate education came to talk to us...
from their research they conducted over the years, they found that people who do 'extra' stuff like reading extra material or doin past papers (even in yr11) do better in the hsc...
they also compared your school work as small rocks whilst the extra stuff as big rocks.......so according to them extra stuff is more important as school work every one can do but the extra stuff can make you stand out

bunnie

afta??? said:
we had this lecture early this year where people from this firm called elevate education came to talk to us...
from their research they conducted over the years, they found that people who do 'extra' stuff like reading extra material or doin past papers (even in yr11) do better in the hsc...
they also compared your school work as small rocks whilst the extra stuff as big rocks.......so according to them extra stuff is more important as school work every one can do but the extra stuff can make you stand out
We had elevate come to our school as well. It was fun. Missed out on double maths! :D

I remember the rocks. I bet they told you about Sylvester Stalone, aye? :p
Elevate was motivating... for about two days.

E

eling

yep i agree coz when u get back to skoo assessments u dont hav time 2 do all that extra study that allows u 2 stand out

afta???

HSC
wat do u want to do in uni toryn ... we worked hard all these years just for the uai n u say u don't want smth good.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)