“Book Club”? (1 Viewer)

may22

HSC
View attachment 32594

Pretty good book, I'm considering it as my related text for 1984, just finished reading it. I don't understand some words yet but I'll ask my english teacher to help me out.
Yeah, there's quite a good context you can draw on and relate to 1984. Maybe you can also reference Orwell's 'Animal Farm'?

Cambridge Mathematics Extension 2 - David Sadler and Derek Ward
Please don't corrupt good literature with math. The most I'll accept is Extension 1

may22

HSC
Let me bring the conversation back to the thread lol

I'm currently reading Dune. Just started, but it seems pretty good so far. Planning to watch the movie after I finish reading it, because books > adaptation movies

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC

I'm currently reading Dune. Just started, but it seems pretty good so far. Planning to watch the movie after I finish reading it, because books > adaptation movies
gonna watch the book thief for 1984. I heard vishnay's friend starred in it so it would be paying tribute. On a serious note I think Book Thief would be a really good related text for 1984 since it has the same themes of oppression and manipulation of information but its more... historical and representative of the extent of tolitarianism.

uniqueusername1

HSC
View attachment 32594

Pretty good book, I'm considering it as my related text for 1984, just finished reading it. I don't understand some words yet but I'll ask my english teacher to help me out.
Fascinating! We are currently studying the same text in Extension 2 english. What a coincidence! We have to thoroughly study this text then draw inspiration from it and write our own. Luckily the teachers are nice enough to let us achieve the band 6 range with quality that is only 31% of this masterpiece. Unfortunately half our class dropped in the first lesson. They simply could not understand ancient elmowian, it felt like hieroglyphics for them! I am currently contemplating life and hoping I achieve 11.2% in this assessment as I simply cannot get past page 2 - where the Big Bird is introduced (a deadly metaphor which I can still cannot grasp). I'm assuming so far it represents one's desire for freedom in an oppressive totalitarian state. Far more complex than 1984 which my 3 year old cousin get read in 12.98 seconds.

may22

HSC

I just realised Dune was a prescribed text up until 2018 (I think)...but I'm honestly reading it for fun lol

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Fascinating! We are currently studying the same text in Extension 2 english. What a coincidence! We have to thoroughly study this text then draw inspiration from it and write our own. Luckily the teachers are nice enough to let us achieve the band 6 range with quality that is only 31% of this masterpiece. Unfortunately half our class dropped in the first lesson. They simply could not understand ancient elmowian, it felt like hieroglyphics for them! I am currently contemplating life and hoping I achieve 11.2% in this assessment as I simply cannot get past page 2 - where the Big Bird is introduced (a deadly metaphor which I can still cannot grasp). I'm assuming so far it represents one's desire for freedom in an oppressive totalitarian state. Far more complex than 1984 which my 3 year old cousin get read in 12.98 seconds.
Elmo's death invoked a cathartic response truly. Can't believe he got mugged in the end by Big Bird :(

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
Someone encourage me to continue from where I left off on Ulysses. I physically & mentally can't take it atm needless to say but post HSC I doubt I'll be willing either... Any fellow Joyceophiles around?

may22

HSC
Someone encourage me to continue from where I left off on Ulysses. I physically & mentally can't take it atm needless to say but post HSC I doubt I'll be willing either... Any fellow Joyceophiles around?
Haven’t read that. But yeah I get what you mean by a book feeling like a mental drain at times, especially those really long dense ones

Longest book you guys have read? For real though, no X2 math textbooks 😂😂
My longest read so far is Tolstoy’s War and Peace

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Haven’t read that. But yeah I get what you mean by a book feeling like a mental drain at times, especially those really long dense ones

Longest book you guys have read? For real though, no X2 math textbooks 😂😂
My longest read so far is Tolstoy’s War and Peace
Here's some fine literature.

Heheh.. 😈
1633784046076.png1633784071807.png1633784126232.png1633784161765.png
1633784206385.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)