“The arrival is more important than the journey” (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
“The arrival is more important than the journey”
Anyone got any ideas, which stimulus and skryznecki poem is best suited to this question? And also a supplementary?

illin

Ill factor
HSC
this question comes up a lot
Do not be afraid to disgree with the statement
this makes ur journey concepts much easier to handle and therefore most of Skrzynecki's poetry and basically all of the stimulus booklet texts show that the journey is more important than the destination

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
well firslty make sure wot the implication of this statment is, obviously at the heart of it lies a fundamental 'journey' concept: that the experiences in the journey are more significant than the destination hence reaching or arriving at the destination is much more important...

as for skrzy poems, like illin said, they are all applicable just go for the ones that have a present tense verb in the title such as 'CROSSING' the Red Sea is precisely abt the impact of 'crossing' on the migrants. A 'DRIVE' in the Country is also abt persona's experience of his visit to Blue hole. 'LEAVING' Home is also abt the experience of the journey as the poet embarks his imposed journey....u get the drift rite...?

as for stimulus, i'd say the Road not taken is ideal cuz the poet nostalgically talks abt his experiences during the journey etc, same with Attwood's Journey to interior poem as she negativley describes her experiences of a physical journey and Lim's excerpt Genii Loci is ALL abt the positive experiences of a vacation...

i used hilton's Lost Horizon as a supp. - a novel describing the experiences and attitiudes of 4 ppl who are hijacked to populate a paradise.....

hope tht helps mate!

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
wrx said:
“The arrival is more important than the journey”
Anyone got any ideas, which stimulus and skryznecki poem is best suited to this question? And also a supplementary?
Well... doesn't that just blow my thesis on journeys out of the water... :rolleyes:

unfoolish

HSC
itsn't it suppose to be:

"the journey is more important then the arrival"

ne one have a good thesis i could use for my essay?
thx

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
unfoolish is rite...and its very similar to the 2004 hsc question which was something like the journey, not the arrival matters

tanjap

HSC
ye...its the journey is more important than the arrival...signifying that its what is learnt on the journey that matters..not where it starts off or where it may end. what is important is that the journey takes place and that the persona learns from their journey.
we got this same question to do with coleridge's poetry...
it seems to be very common!
enjoy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)