• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

中文歌詞! (4 Viewers)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
poloktim said:
If people fall in line everyone loses happiness. Have you read Brave New World? There's an example of a "truly happy" society. It's as dystopic as anything can get because there is no free view. Everyone has fallen in line.

If we're going to make global standards, then we should stick to them. Invading another soverignty is not on that list of standards. :(
Yes I have. That is one scary book.

There are no 'global' standards. The ones in place, are, like Asy has said, eurocentric....

Collin

HSC
N/A
@ waf: I can think of better ways to altruistically make the world a better place with $US160 billion than invading Iraq (3 fold budget blow-out).

Infact, although the initial invasion from Basra and the lower west to Baghdad was tactically sound, idiot defence chiefs (led by the incompetent Rumsfeld) were totally unprepared for the aftermath. Political analysts say this war budget could blow-out to around $US350 billion in the next decade. Instead, for 'altruism', we could of fully funded anti-hunger efforts for years, gave every children in the world immunisation for many many decades and completely funded anti-AIDS programs for years. Then again, it was to be expected of a typical Liberal to cover up their leader's mishaps regarding the war with other pretexts like taking out the regime because Saddam was this and that, altruism blah blah blah blah.. but I reckon few people could honestly believe this act of altruism was worth $US160 billion dollars. Seriously.

As for cultural identity, you might aswell boycott everything American then. American beer, American movies, American music.. geez, if you can honestly tell me you're doing all that then I'll give you some credit. Otherwise I think you should just lay off the spelling issue completely.

@ lengy: Assassination is a great, in basic principle. I doubt it would cost $US160 billion dollars and end up with as much destruction and death that is the Iraq War, but like someone mentioned this act would only tend to bring complete instability instead. A very risky move.

@ asylum: I agree man.

@ xiao: Dude, just cause you don't know crap about politics.

4 chloe: Although the mere thought of Pokemon drives me nuts, I have to admit her Gollum impression was pretty awesome.

@ Alicia: That deviantart guy sucks.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
JKDDragon said:
As for cultural identity, you might aswell boycott everything American then. American beer, American movies, American music.. geez, if you can honestly tell me you're doing all that then I'll give you some credit. Otherwise I think you should just lay off the spelling issue completely.
The vast majority of music I listen to is not American, American beer tastes like absolute shit and I haven't to my recollection been to the movies for a good 4-5 months.

Collin

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
The vast majority of music I listen to is not American, American beer tastes like absolute shit and I haven't to my recollection been to the movies for a good 4-5 months.
Perhaps you should start some Anti-American club or something. Sounds like you would have fun with that.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
jm1234567890 said:
"varium et mutabile semper amatus" = Love is always a changeable and capricious thing?
The Lover, male :)

anyway, yes, it's still useful, in bits and pieces :p

supercharged

HSC
N/A
weird shit

"International Incident
The Chinese are upset by a new Japanese school history textbook which, they say, whitewashes Japanese crimes during WWII. But photos of a little Japanese girl are helping to melt Chinese hearts. Saaya Irie is "pacifying a certain segment of China's population" with her photos, especially those showing her in a bikini. The 11-year-old budding actress fills an F-cup bra, and her photos have swept Chinese web sites. A message with the photos, surely not written by the girl, begs the Chinese to "stop these anti-Japanese hijinks" since "if you don't, I won't like you anymore." But if people "unite for the sake of China's democracy," the message says, her breasts will "rise up." The unlikely propaganda is working. "This is one Japanese import I won't be boycotting," said one Chinese man. The girl's agent says she's a "bit frightened" by the attention, but she says she "would like to see good relations between Japan and China." (Japan Times) ...At 11, let's hope she doesn't understand exactly what sort of relations the guys really want. "

from
http://www.thisistrue.com/saayairie.html
http://www.zorpia.com/cgi/album.cgi?164367

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
You've got to be a pretty sick person to sexualize an 11 year old like that. Really :S

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
11 years old?! Holy shit.

If I'm aroused by those pictures, does that make me a bad person? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)