09- Ecosystems at risk? (1 Viewer)

Maddie3

HSC
I have an assessment about ecosystyems at risk. I know how to do it, the problem is that i need an ecosystem to study..

To help this is the specific question-

-Locate and identify one case study of an ecosytems at risk that you have studied (eg Uluru etc..).
- Outline how this ecosystem is at risk and suggest traditional* and contemporary management* strategies.

*Traditional- what the local people usually do.
*Contemporary what new solutions maybe provided.

And the other catch is that it cant be The Republic of Palau, as we are studying that in class.

So if you have any ideas please tell...

LEEESHA

HSC
Hmm... we're doing Homebush Bay, Sydney (Intertidal Wetland)

I have fair few notes on it, including both positive and negative human impacts, traditional and contemporary management practices, geomorphological and hydraulic processes, and many more...

Madz_B

HSC
we did:
1) Coral Reefs of Palau
2) Great Barrier Reef
3) Stockton Bight

toadcat

HSC
I have an assessment about ecosystyems at risk. I know how to do it, the problem is that i need an ecosystem to study..

-Locate and identify one case study of an ecosytems at risk that you have studied (eg Uluru etc..).
- Outline how this ecosystem is at risk and suggest traditional* and contemporary management* strategies.

And the other catch is that it cant be The Republic of Palau, as we are studying that in class.

We are doing:
1) Homebush Bay intertidal wetlands
2) Great Barrier Reef.

Why can't you do the one you are studying in school? Wouldn't that make more sense? Weird :p

amiems

HSC
i'd say she can't do the class one because we have to do 2 ecosystems- so her class one & her own personal choice one.

we'r doing the Great Barrier Reef.
really easy, straightforward stuff, and the macquarie geography book.. much like the excel books.. had a whole case study of every single thing you needed to know about the GBR. Plus our teacher said that you can look it up & all the info was online as well,

but i never did, so i dont know the url sorry.

but there is PLENTY of info on it, i assure you,

ah.sport

HSC
N/A

the traditional management strategies are not "what the local people usually do" but what people from years gone by have done to preserve the ecosystem, ie indigenous peoples, settlers, etc

the amazon rainforest is always easy to find lots of information on, especially considering there are still indigenous people living in the forests. however, i think you have to study a specific ecosystem within this, but there are plenty again so start researching!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)