09er's - Performance Survey (1 Viewer)

Erotic Cakes

HSC
classical guitar, although I also play electric quite extensively. Doing all performances for music 1, got my AmusA this year for classical guitar. Some pretty impressive musicians in this thread :p I'm don't think I'm professional standard yet, although one day I hope to be...

diamell

HSC
classical guitar, although I also play electric quite extensively. Doing all performances for music 1, got my AmusA this year for classical guitar. Some pretty impressive musicians in this thread :p I'm don't think I'm professional standard yet, although one day I hope to be...
Nice! What pieces did you play?..finally, a fellow classical guitarist. Are you going to do tertiary music study?

Erotic Cakes

HSC
Nice! What pieces did you play?..finally, a fellow classical guitarist. Are you going to do tertiary music study?
haha yeh classical guitar! I did 3 solos:

Villa-Lobos, Etude no11
Sor, Variations on a theme by mozart
Dyens, Tango en Skai

and one duet, the la vie breve by Fahler.

and I'm hoping to do tertiary study at Canberra next year if possible... yourself?

EDIT, I just read we did like the same pieces hahah. Except mine were alll classical. The tango's perfect for the HSC, flashy and sounds far harder than it actually is.

Last edited:

diamell

HSC

Villa-Lobos, Etude no11
Dyens, Tango en Skai

and I'm hoping to do tertiary study at Canberra next year if possible... yourself?

EDIT, I just read we did like the same pieces hahah. Except mine were alll classical. The tango's perfect for the HSC, flashy and sounds far harder than it actually is.
I know hey..I dont suggest playing it for tim though haha.
Yeah nice, ah I love etude 11, and De Falla is awesome.. Sweet repertoire :)
Yeah I'm auditioning also late November for ANU. Were you at open day? I got to have a session with Tim then, a phenomenal musician, such a genuinely nice guy too.
Who's your teacher? Where are you from?

Last edited:

Erotic Cakes

HSC
ahahha, I always get De Falla's name wrong I have no idea why! They haven't contacted me about an audition date or anything like that :S I went down to the open day last year and had a lesson with Tim then, as you know he's an amazing teacher. I've been changing around teachers and learning from quite a few, but right now I'm learning under Raphael Agostino in Sydney, hopefully next year under Tim! Fingers crossed haha.

Also I read somewhere your school didn't offer music 2, or extension that was the same with me. Really not happy, haha. It's like if you wanted to do mathematics after school and they only let you do general!

diamell

HSC
ahahha, I always get De Falla's name wrong I have no idea why! They haven't contacted me about an audition date or anything like that :S I went down to the open day last year and had a lesson with Tim then, as you know he's an amazing teacher. I've been changing around teachers and learning from quite a few, but right now I'm learning under Raphael Agostino in Sydney, hopefully next year under Tim! Fingers crossed haha.

Also I read somewhere your school didn't offer music 2, or extension that was the same with me. Really not happy, haha. It's like if you wanted to do mathematics after school and they only let you do general!
Yeah, at the con with Raphael I'm guessing? Yeah nice, there is a guy from canberra under minh le hoang whos a great player auditioning also. I learn from jeff donovan at riverina con through video link (Im from dubbo though, yes, very disadvantaged..) hes pretty incredible. I also learn from Tom Ward when hes not travelling the world..whos pretty much my guitar mentor.
Do you know when the board of studies start nominating for encore? I did my performance on tuesday so the results are probably still being filed.

Last edited:

diamell

HSC

Villa-Lobos, Etude no11
Dyens, Tango en Skai

Hey I got nominated for encore today, pretty pleased, you probably did too, haha.

pinkyforce7

HSC
YAY! I got nominated for Encore as well. =)

I play classical and electric guitar, I'd probably place my skill level in the experienced class, however I do play "professionally" in my local area.

I did core, 2 performances and musicology.

my pieces were:
Tender Surrender - Steve Vai (electric guitar)
En Las Cuevas - Paco Pena (Flamenco solo)
Vals Venezolano (Venezuelan Waltzes) 1 through 4 - Antonio Lauro (Classical)

Hopefully I might have a chance of playing one of them at the Opera House =)

Mortalitas

HSC
Late joiner to this place. Buuuut...

I'm an electric bassist (I only play 5 string bass guitars lol) which I played for my own performance examination and a guitarist of less than mediocre ability I ended up accompanying on guitar.

I played some questionable choices considering my examiners were middle aged women. I'll give reasoning as to why I chose them though. :cool:

Questionable choices

Death Blooms - Mudvayne
The bass part is really quite "wanky" for lack of a better way to put it.

My bands first finished song (yet to be named band and yet to get organised to gig due to HSC)
Seeing as we do some weird blend of progressive and death metal all my bass lines have come out as somewhat ridiculous inc. copious amounts of two handed tapping playing barre chords and whatnot.

The other two were somewhat more fitting
Victor Wooten's version of amazing grace.
Really quite self explanatory really.

Aaaand lucky last being Stu Hamm's appropriation of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata for a bass guitar.
It's all two handed tapped, it might be yes somewhat dumbed down from the original piece but it's due to physical impossibility of some parts to do otherwise.

Needless to say the examiners only responded "well" to the last two pieces in terms of body language and whatnot hahaha. Either way I had some fun.

samjames

HSC
I play guitar, mainly in blues, jazz, fingerstyle (Andy McKee, john butler etc) and chet atkins/tommy emmanuel style country. I consider myself prett experienced for someone who's only been playing for 3 years or so. I love improvisation, so most of my pracs are songs where I get the chance to stretch my legs in that respect.

Drifting - Andy McKee

Stevie's Blues - Tommy Emmanuel

Hip Replacement - D.I.G

Diablo Rojo - Rodrigo Y Gabriela

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)