1,2,3 or four? (1 Viewer)

liquid-tension

HSC
Hey.

Ive got a problem, too many options to choose from.
My ultimate goal is to get into architecture at Newcastle or UTS but as i didn't get a high enough ATAR here are my options.

1. Architectural Technology Diploma at TAFE- Two year course, get straight into 2nd year architecture, its at Newcastle an hour down the highway. Starts on Monday

2. B Business at Ourimbah Campus (newcastle uni) - Do that for a year, work hard and get a credit average to transfer into architecture the following year. Starts at the end of the month

or

3. B of Arts in Architecture at Canberra Uni.- i got into second round offers looks like a good course, Do that for a year and transfer back onto the coast only problem is that it starts on Monday and i have no accommodation. have applied on waiting lists etc. i wouldn't mind living away from home.

4. wait for final offers and see if i cant get into Construction Management at Newy

I have to make a decision by the end of the week.:shouting:.
Too many optionsssssss

any info and help would be a great relief.

chefman21

HSC
N/A
I'd probably do the first one. It guarantees you entry into architecture, adds a qualification to your achievements and at the end of the day might be useful to get you a job in a field that is hard to get in to. Canberra might be okay to. Although, you will be up against the competition to transfer into your course. Transfers are easy on paper, but harder in real life. Business I would probably stay away from. Hard enough to get a pass for most students let alone a credit or better. And you would still have to deal with the competition without any previous experience in Architecture. Stay away from 4 completely. Give yourself a shot rather than hoping.

rx34

HSC
I would do option one. If it guarantees you into architecture 2nd year, why not? Plus, it's so close to home.

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
1 is better reason been, 1) you get a credit 2) relates what you want to study.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
1. It's only 1 extra year if you make it to 2nd year uni. So, what? that's like taking a gap year, not much of a disadvantage there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)