1/2 yearlies (1 Viewer)

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
our school hasn't had our half-yearlies yet, and i was wondering how you guys studied for the area of gay. for the question in which you need to write about your texts, do you think i should go in there already knowing which techniques i'm going to write about and how they portray certain aspects of journey?....or if i should go in there with heaps of techniques and wing it. cause the thing with the first option is what your techniques portray may not suit the question very well....any help would be great :)

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
I walked in there knowing everything that I was going to write.

Just make sure that your texts are flexible to fit most questions.

varus

You know what...for my 1/2yrls i went in there with a memorised 2000 word essay....its so easy for area of study coz they're basicaly all the same q's...and as for style (like essay, speech whatever) you just add you little things to adapt it...just don't study a conclusion or intro as this will change according to the q...but the major content will be the same....and you'll feel really prepared...that's what i did newayz so good luck!

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
2000 Words Essay :eek:...jeez, mine one was at first around that too...then i kept cutting it down until it was like 1300 words. Are u sure that u can write 2000 words in 40 Minutes??

You should make sure that your essay is to the point and concise, i.e. you should make sure that u are not repeating and that your essay is tight.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
we didnt have an exam this time around, only an emma and clueless assessment task.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by smegger_em
the area of gay.
:rofl:

umm we had to prepare a speech based on the AOS and present it as a formal assesment. We also had like a mock Paper I section I exam where the sources were given to us. They were from macquarie revision guide :p

marezmac

The new mexican...
HSC
at least maj of u guys have 1/2 yearlies... our first exam format thing is our trial which is a shitload of assess mark!!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I have half yearlies tomorrow, l wrote down 200 words quickly today on one area, l still have quite a few to go...damn l'm screwed.

snoopy05

HSC
kimmeh said:
you must have small class assesments throughout the year though..
hey, im confused between Class Assesments and HSC assesments,
they're 2 different things, but how are they different and which one contributes towards UAI ?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
omg, you've revived a thread thats a year old. The HSC was distant memory and i cant remember what i was reffering to. I believe i was trying to say that: this person must have alot of small assesments (that count towards the hsc assesment mark) and/or have alot of small class quizzes (that do not count towards the hsc asssesment mark)

i hope that clears things up a bit

snoopy05

HSC
no, sorry that didnt clear things up much for me,
but hey i made a new thread about this on the AOS forum just then,
"Class assesments and HSC assesments"

thnx tho,

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
HSC assesments = YES THEY COUNT = they resemble the HSC
Class quizzes = NO THEY DONT COUNT = your school may have them or not - you may get class quizzes to refresh your memory or to help brush up skills for assesments

is that clear enough for you ?

snoopy05

HSC
yes thatsclear! thnx dude!

but somehow that contradicts the other post in the other thread..?
anyways dont worry about it, i'll hav to do them anyways right? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)