• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

1/2 yearlies..... (1 Viewer)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
its so funny cause all u guys are so far ahead of us, mine was on complex, graphs, and a bit of polynomials...., *sighs*

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
MX2: Wednesday, on Complex numbers, polynomials, conics, Harder circle geometry and induction.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
dawso said:
its so funny cause all u guys are so far ahead of us, mine was on complex, graphs, and a bit of polynomials...., *sighs*
Well, as long as you get it all done then you're fine - to quote a cliche, "slow and steady wins the race"

Trev

stix
HSC
JamiL said:
yer but remember the hare only won cos he was cocky... if ur cocky n fink ur all that, n then dont do nework, ur fukd... see i dont like the moral 2 that story its miss leading
The hare won?... Well i've been misled as a child.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
JamiL said:
yer but remember the hare only won cos he was cocky... if ur cocky n fink ur all that, n then dont do nework, ur fukd... see i dont like the moral 2 that story its miss leading
:p
The hare lost....the tortoise won.
But I guess "slow and steady" still applies in this situation e.g. I've just come back from practising an essay for 40 minutes - I took my time, did it slowly and did it in 38:45...and yet this afternoon when I rushed like hell, I didn't finish in time (same essay btw.). I'm at a loss to explain it myself...:confused:

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
lol.. i mean the only reason the hare lost because he was cocky and fell alseep, if the hare was quicker (and got over the line 1st) he would of one. hence the turtal was faster on average over the whole trip. hence slow n steady doesn not win the race

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
JamiL said:
lol.. i mean the only reason the hare lost because he was cocky and fell alseep, if the hare was quicker (and got over the line 1st) he would of one. hence the turtal was faster on average over the whole trip. hence slow n steady doesn not win the race
Even though the phrase "slow and steady wins the race" doesn't necessarily apply to the story from which it was derived...it still applies to everyday situations - such as my essay above :)

Of course, maybe not all...e.g. running the 100m sprint...strolling isn't going to get you very far. Although, come to think of it: how about that Australian ice skater at the Sydney Olympics who was last - all the rest crashed and he came first :p

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
yer rench ur right in some cases "slow and stead" wins the race... but that case is a 1ce in a life tym senario... man that guy was jus luck, the godz were on his side (prob cos his aussie, we always get lucky in sports... oh exept the womens relay were they won by heeps then got disqualified 4 jumpn in da water b4 the race was ova)...
majoraty of the time a fast working but still aware performance in any circumstance would be the best option

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
JamiL said:
yer rench ur right in some cases "slow and stead" wins the race... but that case is a 1ce in a life tym senario... man that guy was jus luck, the godz were on his side (prob cos his aussie, we always get lucky in sports... oh exept the womens relay were they won by heeps then got disqualified 4 jumpn in da water b4 the race was ova)...
majoraty of the time a fast working but still aware performance in any circumstance would be the best option
I.e. speed and accuracy (well, maybe not accuracy in all situations...)
That approach used to work when I did "times tables" tests in Yr 1 :p

Will Hunting

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I.e. speed and accuracy (well, maybe not accuracy in all situations...)
That approach used to work when I did "times tables" tests in Yr 1 :p
Well put. The turtle approach should be adopted by all 4u students!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)