1/2 yearly results [Class of 04] (1 Viewer)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Calculon
B is right, but I said C. The question is very ambiguous as concentration usually refers to the solute.
yeah thats true. in bio when we refer to diffusion: its along the conc gradient (high--->low). applying this to water would be giving the answer B. "pick the best answer"- u could try argue it out. but i think B is the best answer

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
my table wasn't ruled of at the bottom when all the information was there.
well, tables DO have 2 be closed at all sides...

untamed, i think all bio teachers teach like that - they sit up the front and let u summarise on ur on with the dotpoints.

untamedanimal

Originally posted by queenie
untamed, i think all bio teachers teach like that - they sit up the front and let u summarise on ur on with the dotpoints.
The key word in that is 'teach', what that guy was doing isnt teaching. The most productive thing he did was measure our blood pressures and tell half of us we were gonna die young

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
The thing with my table is that it had 5 rows. 4 of them were ruled off completely. In the 4 rows I had all the info i needed for the 3 marks, so the extra (not ruled off) row was essentially extra information, which the HSC rules state that you cannot be marked down for even if it is wrong (as long as it doesn't contradict what you've already written). I tried arguing this with the teacher but to no avail.

scotty schaefer

The thing with my table is that it had 5 rows. 4 of them were ruled off completely. In the 4 rows I had all the info i needed for the 3 marks, so the extra (not ruled off) row was essentially extra information, which the HSC rules state that you cannot be marked down for even if it is wrong (as long as it doesn't contradict what you've already written). I tried arguing this with the teacher but to no avail.
That is so harsh!! I can undertsand the teacher taking of a mark for not finishing the table, but 2 marks is just stupid!! You had all the right info in there which should guarantee you at least
2 marks. Did you see the Head of Science at your school maybe they could sort it out?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by ME86
Did you see the Head of Science at your school maybe they could sort it out?
Do you think that's neccessay for 1 mark? The main thing is that Calculon came first and maintaining his relative difference from the rest of the class. In the end, the BOS will award him with the highest exam mark as his assessment mark if he ranked first at the end of the year.

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ME86
Did you see the Head of Science at your school maybe they could sort it out?
The teacher was the head of science, and I couldn't really be bothered, since I'm gonna be ranked first anyway.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
B is right, but I said C. The question is very ambiguous as concentration usually refers to the solute.

B) The movement of water from areas of high concentration to areas of low concentration
They are referring to the movement of WATER. not solute. Therefore it is the concentration of WATER. Hence it is B

Angela86

you're example questions are way easier then what I got, lol

I got 67% which was 2nd out of about 20. 1st was 67 and a half. Some people failed.

queenie

HSC
angela, can u give us some examples of the questions from ur paper?

Angela86

my multi choice where easy, queenie, I just saw your questions, ours where about that. There was a lot of digrams, but i think that is because we have done maintainging a balance and the search for better health and also communictaions our option topic. The search for better health has a lot of stuff on the kidneys, which I personaly find hard.

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Survivor39
Do you think that's neccessay for 1 mark? The main thing is that Calculon came first and maintaining his relative difference from the rest of the class. In the end, the BOS will award him with the highest exam mark as his assessment mark if he ranked first at the end of the year.
As I have said previously, I seriously doubt it.

queenie

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
i got screwd over for my exam. Same for the prac exam :( Dont know our final ranks yet, but i dont think i'm doing well :(
oh no, i did well in my half yearly (was worth 17.5%), we had our prac exam today (worth 25%) and i blew it... some of the questions.. ud seriously wonder wat teachers teach at our school... worse, it was a very long exam, and we had to model like mendel's laws; i had to throw a counter 100 times, to get my results :mad:

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Calculon: i wouldnt' bother arguing for the mark

u came first. so as long as u maintain it. all u need to do is kill the HSC.

my physics asst mark was 97 as was my hsc exam mark. this is because i ranked first, and thus my asst mark became my exam mark (which must have been quite good). read the whitepapers

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
i got screwd over for my exam. Same for the prac exam :( Dont know our final ranks yet, but i dont think i'm doing well :(
You're smart, you'll make it up by the end of the year.
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
Calculon: i wouldnt' bother arguing for the mark

u came first. so as long as u maintain it. all u need to do is kill the HSC.

my physics asst mark was 97 as was my hsc exam mark. this is because i ranked first, and thus my asst mark became my exam mark (which must have been quite good). read the whitepapers
I wasn't going to argue it further, and whoa 97, thats huge.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
yea it just shows if u rank first (even for crap school like mine) as long as u don't do too badly in assts. just kill the HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)