1/2 yearly's (1 Viewer)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I had mine Monday. I did pretty ok...I was extremely happy with my essay..but I went dead for creative writing..i doubt ill get a very high mark for that.

We did Area of Study paper for 1/2 yearly...I'm not too sure how I will go in terms of my overall mark, I'm a bit worried. I'm hoping for close to full marks for my essay though.. *fingers crossed*

oh, flutterby...what school in campbelltown??? I got to CPAHS

*Flutterby*

cpahs? i go to leumeah. i did really well in the first section (i think) same in creative writing but the last two lef me dead. althou i did manage to finish them and even if theyre short its betetr to finish them then leave them unfinished (so im told).
what related texts did u use?

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
cpahs=campbelltown performing arts

we only had to use one related text (which was good) i used Mulholland Drive as related, jounrey into interior from stimulus booklet

we're doing colerdige (does everyone do that?)

yeah, with creative writing i managed to write a quick ending..pretty abrupt, but at least it was an ending..i left creative writing till last..i had time to do it, but i had trouble coming up with an idea..they gave us this opening paragraph...i dunno, i was just stumped..i need to work on that section.. hmm.

Last edited:

*Flutterby*

yeh i gathered where u were from. i used finding nemo lol and journey over land and sea. we did skrynecki's poetry, and im pretty happy with creative writing :) atleast theres a good thing lol

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
gawd, i had my half yearly today and i know i screwed the frist section up :(

bubblychic

hey, my exam is tomoro... any hints? we have 4 unseen sources, creative writting and essay, we have to use at least 2 stc's 2 BOS sources and at least 2 related text and im stressing

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
Did you all have too do an actual exam for your half yearly's??? We only had to do a 5-10 minute speech

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I have an exam on monday... it's only 1 hour for 1 question though, and for extension english I have a 10 minute speech next thursday. meh meh meh.

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
we've just had assignments on our area of study in term 4 2003/ term1 2004, and we got the speech for the comparative study instead of an actual test. I think i would have preferred a test though.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
shit that reminds me, I have my second assessment for AoS due on the first day back :rolleyes:

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
for our half yearlies we had 2 hours to do 3 questions ..all of which were majorly extended response
Question One -Imaginative Journey (essay)
Question Two -Speeches (Feature Article)
Question Three-Imaginative Journeys (Narrative based on stimulus material)

YAY!!! i thought i did crap in them but apparently some teachers didnt think so...i came 4th in my year and got 16/20 for tha first question (blergh) 18/20 for the second one :))) and 20/20 for the last one (YAY!!!!) so if u need anyhelp on nething ill b happy to help!!

Last edited:

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
i just had mine today
we had 3 unseen texts- one visual, one poem and one excerpt from a novel
the creative writing was a magazine article
and the essay question was "Who is in control of the journey?"
using one BOS stimulus, Ender's game and 3 related materials

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
man, i wouldve killed for a magazine article...i wasnt happy with my narrative..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by *Flutterby*
its way too late for help lol but thanks neways :p
omg you wouldn't happen to be david percival's ex would you???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)