>1 course with same course code? (1 Viewer)

sickk

HSC
What happens when your going to put in your preferences a course that has a number of courses with the same course code?
eg

And how do i let them know that i want to apply, for example, commerce/law AND NOT engineering/law arts/law science/law etc

(sorry, dont know how to make the picture better, but if ur wondering, its course code 511801, combined law at usyd)

sickk

HSC
or does something pop up when you put it in selection to distinguish which youd like to do ?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I'm not sure - that's what happened for lots of the similar engineering courses at UNSW :/

sidereal

HSC
Uni Grad
it appears like this when you put it in your preferences:

so i assume that means you choose which second degree you want to do when you enrol - the law ATAR is higher than for any of the other courses that are combined with it (i think), so it's the law cutoff that will decide whether you get into that double degree or not

sickk

HSC
ahhh, that makes sense thanks for that,

But it just seems odd, what if for some reason, EVERYONE who applied wants to do commerce/law, and they anticipated an equal split across all of the combined courses offered?
there wouldnt be enough places in comm/law to accomodate every single person lol

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
ahhh, that makes sense thanks for that,

But it just seems odd, what if for some reason, EVERYONE who applied wants to do commerce/law, and they anticipated an equal split across all of the combined courses offered?
there wouldnt be enough places in comm/law to accomodate every single person lol
And what about UNSW which has one course code for Civil/Mining/Environmental Engineering? oO

sickk

HSC
ask careers advisor, uac, or the uni itself i guess... why dont they just assign seperate codes... how hard could it be...

youngminii

Banned
HSC
All courses with the same course ID are included when you put that ID down. So all those courses count as one preference.

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
If you do get an offer for a combined course, you pick which stream of the course you want to study when you enrol.

Hope this helps.

sickk

HSC
but what if EVERYONE wants to enroll in the same stream? then theres a pickle right?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, they address things that don't need changing.

If it ain't broken - don't fix it. :blah:
LOL, i read this somewhere else in a previous ATAR thread ages ago... "If it ain't broken - fix it until it is" Makes sense xD after all it is the education system *sigh*

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
but what if EVERYONE wants to enroll in the same stream? then theres a pickle right?
not really. there aren't a huge number of offers given out for combined law, so even if 90% of people chose, say, commerce/law, there still wouldn't be enough students for it to be a problem for the commerce faculty. the faculties are quite flexible about how many students they can accept so it's not much of a drama.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)