1 point off!! what to do (1 Viewer)

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
alright today we got our results back.. what if we are 1 point off.. and maybe the teacher/head coordinator is really nice..

is there anything we can do to get the 1 point to push us over.. (this is so that one can apply for transfer rather than just "I GOT HD")

bribes, favors, sexual favors, killings.. ppl?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh, I hate the one point off thingo. I got 64, a credit would have been nicer :rolleyes: oh well. Theres nothing much that you can do. I don't think anyway.

Jonathan A

HSC
krisk85 said:
alright today we got our results back.. what if we are 1 point off.. and maybe the teacher/head coordinator is really nice..

is there anything we can do to get the 1 point to push us over.. (this is so that one can apply for transfer rather than just "I GOT HD")

bribes, favors, sexual favors, killings.. ppl?

Happened to me before. What really annoyed me was I was penalised 0.5 mark for a word limit issue even though 10% was allowed (which I fell under), however they would not give me that extra mark. This in the end meant I had to live with 74.

L

LaraB

i know what u mean - i was 2% of a D in both myu business units and both i shouldn't have lost those 2 marks but at the time i didnt bother whingin coz i didn't think it'd matter...

one unit i lost 1 mark per 100 words over limit when it shoulda been 1% so that made quitue a big difference in the end..

other one - i lost marks for goingo ver time in my tute presentation - 2.5 marks for going over time when i didn't go overtime and timing wasn't even being marked according to all the criteria sheets n stuff...

i shouldnb't whinge coz my marks were pretty good in the end.. just annoying coz i know i coulda gotten just dat little bit higher:)

L

LaraB

hiphophorray123 said:
^^^ i was 2% of a D too :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
its a bitch huh!:p

i'd so rather get like..65% and get a credit knowing that was a pretty decent effort but to get so close to a D lol..i swear they do it to us on purpose lol

one of my lecturer said "it gives you something to aiim for " lol like it was meant to make us feel better:p

Jacks

HSC
you can apply for a review of your grade, but my thought is if they gave it to you in the first place it's because they thought that's what you deserved...they have to suit the "bell-curve" so maybe that's why you were just that one mark under. It's $50 to review a passing grade formally, which is a lot of money when nothing is likely to change. You could message the tutor/lecturer for that subject and ask them about it...but I don't think you'll get that extra mark...it sucks but it happens.

Jonathan A

HSC
I have organised with my coordinator to go over my exam. Fingers crossed... Best way to feel is that nothing will change so as not walk out dissapointed. One thing I would like to ask which documentation does not mention, can a Grade Review als mean your mark drops?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If we chuck a tantrum can we get an extra mark?

Meh, I'll be over it by next week :(

L

LaraB

Jonathan A said:
I have organised with my coordinator to go over my exam. Fingers crossed... Best way to feel is that nothing will change so as not walk out dissapointed. One thing I would like to ask which documentation does not mention, can a Grade Review als mean your mark drops?
our business lecturer said never get a mark reviewed unless it really concerns you coz it can go down too so im assuming she meant exams too but not sure..?

Jonathan A

HSC
That would be scary!

In terms of bribery as originally alluded to on a lighter note, our university is staunchly against all forms of misconduct and is even called in by other unis to investigate. You have no chance that way lol.

L

LaraB

Jacks said:
you can apply for a review of your grade, but my thought is if they gave it to you in the first place it's because they thought that's what you deserved...they have to suit the "bell-curve" so maybe that's why you were just that one mark under. It's $50 to review a passing grade formally, which is a lot of money when nothing is likely to change. You could message the tutor/lecturer for that subject and ask them about it...but I don't think you'll get that extra mark...it sucks but it happens.
nah i know what you mean,..

but i didn't lose those few marks in the exam - the marks i meant was for stupid shit like in tute presentations - i lost marks in one because, and i'll quote my tutor "Overheads - too clear and legible"... after having lost marks for my overheads in the other unit that he was also my tutor for because apparently size 48 overheads in a room that's maybe 6x5 metres if that was too small...

so yeah - i was just annoyed coz i didn't bother whinging at the time coz i didn't think it'd matter...

i totally understand when you get a little bit off in exams n asisgnments n stuff :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I suggest tantrum chucking. Alternatively what about throwing rotten tomatoes at the lecturers cars :p

HSC
half a mark of a HD!! woah that would shit me why cant tutors just give the extra half a mark, if its good enough to get there, its good enough to award an extra half mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)