1 week till HSC.... how do u all feel? (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by schwang_thang

omgosh i can't belive u ppl! how on earth do u memorise entire essays?!?!
It's actually quite easy
spend about a week jus constantly and consistantly writing and writing and writing out essay after essay
it'll come to the point where u dun need to look at ur notes when ur writing it, and thats wen u kno u've got it memorised

and Alex: your 5 to 6 hours may be equivalent to my 10...it depends on how much u can learn in a given time...for me it may take 10 hours to learn something, but 5 for u, so u, and others shouldnt b discouraged wen ppl say "yeah i studied 12 hrs today, top stuff" and u only managed 4..because its quality not quantity eh?

Last edited:

ben

Ok - I feel more nervous AFTER reading this thread than before I did.

I'm achieving about 5 hours note writing / 2 hours practicing a day.

I'M NOT GOING TO LEARN ANY ESSAYS OFF BY HEART - i did that for the english trial exam and we had to write a freckin interview for our change essay! I totally screwed it up because I'm wasn't good at adapting it.

Haven't started Ancient or Physics Study.

I'm relatively 'OK' for Business and Design and Technology - if I start getting worried about those subjects I just look at the Standards package for them :p

Maths, I'm sorta confident... I finally got above 100/120 for a past HSC exam - yipee!

So yeah, there's my story.

Amy18

i am feeling like i could throw my brain into a bucket of water and it would float it is empty but im trying to make it sink lol...................... its only a couple of exams right?????:cool:

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
A stannies man who is slowly realising he is going to get fucked up one side and screwed down the other :p

bex

HSC
i ended up being able to memorise all 3 essays line for line the weekend b4 the exams. all 3000 words
You are my hero. I plan on attempting that!

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
I keep on telling myself;
"never underestimate the power of the subconscious mind"

:(

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Re: James ruse

Originally posted by Asquithian
A james ruse boy who thinks that he is fucked!!!

kidding right?
..i'm not sure if you're referring to me but yes i'm a james ruse boy and i am fucked. the only thing i have 'studied' is 2u maths, and by study i mean i've done about 5 hours of past papers.

i have not touched english. and i have 5 units of english to study for. so i am absolutely fucked.

*sigh* oh well i guess if i fail the hsc (which, hopefully, chances are i won't...), it'll give something to shock my principal.

oh well, i guess i'm not as fucked as people who ... do science and lotsa other subjects like that, and also have not really started studying..

:(

HSC
After reading all of the replies, I feel very very shit....

I've been an idiot and decided to waste most of my time. Now there's only 4 days left....:(

I blame it all on day time T.V., you know Jerry Springer, Beauty and the Beast and Judge Judy! It's all their fault!!!

I think the most I managed to study in one day was about 4 hours...

I'm fucking screwed :chainsaw:

spannar

who said they were 'fucking screwed'?! LOL. join the club!!

i have hardly studied at all. and to think that i spent almost a week a the library before (on my own)....i would've perhaps got something in my head?! arghh!!!:mad:

my heads about to explode now. pressures mounting on. 4 days to go. FOUR DAYS!!! freakin hell. i need more time!! plans for the remaining for days til hsc begins-
today and tmr: read thru all business notes. i am so crap at this sub. it pisses me off full on!
sat&sun: reading and doin pass english papers. hopefully my head will be stuffed with quotes/themes/etc for monday morning!

im so screwed!

quartic

I've wasted all my time on english which I'm going to bomb regardless.

Still I've been doiing about 3 hours per day and feeling really guilty about it.

ben

Yeah! i'm not the only one feeling bad!

I also blame Judge Judy on my lack of study. LOL - I've watched every episode for the last two weeks, it's so entertaining to see the screwed up people on the show!

I think the change essay is the most frustrating thing to study for... because I know I'm going to get into the exam and only get 4-5 minutes to write on each text.

Originally posted by ben
I also blame Judge Judy on my lack of study. LOL - I've watched every episode for the last two weeks, it's so entertaining to see the screwed up people on the show!
I know what you mean!
I was NEVER one to watch morning tv... but my routine for stuvac has been as follows:
*wake up--shower
* 9.00 am watch GMA (which is actually very good!)
* 11.00 am--watch Ricki Lake
*12.00 noon-- watch Jerry springer
*1.00pm-- watch judge judy
*1.30 pm-- watch beauty and the beast (by far the best show ever!)
*2.30 pm-- watch some Oprah to pass time
*3.00 pm-- watch passions
*4.00 pm-- perhaps start studying before nightly tv which commences at 6 pm with simpsons of course ;)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by funkydish
what if the essay question is some weird one where ur memorised essay goes down the drain?
that im planning not to happen!
since my essays are general on everythingand are easily adaptable

everyone - if ur screwed, jus bloody well write a general essay on watever and KNOW IT, while u still have 3 days!
never get into an exam unprepared...but i reckon most ppl in here are overexaggerating wen they say "im screwed"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)