10 Ways to Pass Those Tests ^^ (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
  • tea is always a more preferable drink than coffee (or alcohol for that matter) for studying.
  • cramming in the evening before exam is okay (though not ideal), but cramming in the morning of the exam is pure stupidity.
  • chewing chewing gum improves memory retention.
  • sex is always good for all the stress and headaches from studying.
  • if you're a forgetful person, try memory-dumping all your information at the start of the test... that is, write down ALL the points you can remember quickly so you don't forget them, then pick and mix them for your essays. good way to develop structure.
  • english is not bullshit, but articulate bullshit is english :)
  • maths is hard, but just keep doing it... eventually you'll get the hang of it.
  • chemistry/physics/ecos/languages are rote-learnable subjects. use that to your advantage.
  • quotes and references are gold.
  • always bring a mascot/good-luck thing into the exam. even if it doesn't improve the feng shui, it will always distract the other people from working ;).
  • sit next to the smart people and leech their 'smartness'.
  • write your own set of notes and then borrow others' notes to fill in any gaps.
  • take it easy! HSC is not the end of the world, and nobody likes a crying examinee. :D

HSC
Top 10 ways to cheat in an exam
1. write important formulas on the palm of your hand (be sure you don't have a sweaty hand)
2. carry a small piece of paper with formulas on it to put in your pencil case
3. ...er...sit next to someone smart and hope that he/she does cover up their work/or sitting too far to see
4. use one of those 'math-aids', not really cheating, but it has some formulas
5. prepare a sheet of important info and stick it on the door of one of your toilet cubicals....then ask to go to the toilet and WHOLA!...
6. ....err...
7. .....ummm,,,
8. hmm....
9. mmm......
10. i'm out of ideas!!!!....

i'm not the person to ask as i am not one of those 'experts'... but hey...improvise!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
...5. prepare a sheet of important info and stick it on the door of one of your toilet cubicals....then ask to go to the toilet and WHOLA!...
lol- that actually happened in my school- a couple of the guys hid an excel pocket book (which had all the important facts and stuff) in the toilet cubicle- and they agreed that one person takes no more than 5 minutes hogging the toilet- otherwise he'll get bashed. :D

anyways- if ur outta ideas, u might wanna summarise the "have u cheated in exams" thread. :D ;)

HSC
haha...yeah lot's of ppl use 5. at our school, since our toilets are a 5 sec walk from the exam room, teachers usually let us,,

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Or just write short words that make it look like you cant spell in modern day english to write like shakespeare.

speersy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Frigid
  • tea is always a more preferable drink than coffee (or alcohol for that matter) for studying.
  • cramming in the evening before exam is okay (though not ideal), but cramming in the morning of the exam is pure stupidity:D
how can this be true what are peoples view on this point. Is it true for most people?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
well personally i prefer tea to coffee or alcohol. Whether it is better or worse than coffee and alcohol, I don't know and this is not the year to start experimenting!! :p

I don't like cramming but I ALWAYS end up buried in my notes before i walk in the exam room...cramming the ngiht before is better than cramming on the morning of the exam.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
no ...
cramming is revising the night b4, morning b4 a test/exam, doing as much revision in as short of period of time as possible ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)