• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

$100 if you can answer this question. (1 Viewer)

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
A particle is projected at an angle of 45[FONT=DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]° and a velocity of 15ms^-1. Without neglecting air resistance (13.5[/FONT][FONT=DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]Ω), and taking g as 9.8ms^-2
[/FONT]
a) DERIVE THE EQUATION FOR THE PARTICLE FOR (I) HORIZONTAL AND (II) VERTICAL DISPLACEMENT (IN EXACT FORM)

b) FIND THE TIME TAKEN TO REACH THE GROUND.
[FONT=DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]
[/FONT] <meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <title></title> <meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 2.4 (Linux)"> <style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } --> </style> [FONT=DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <title></title> <meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 2.4 (Linux)"> <style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } --> </style> [FONT=DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

hopethisworks

Banned
North Manly Beach Sexual Preference: Centaur Bans
HSC
N/A
jasonml said:
A particle is projected at an angle of 45[FONT=DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]° and a velocity of 15ms^-1. Without neglecting air resistance (13.5[/FONT][FONT=DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]Ω), and taking g as 9.8ms^-2
[/FONT]
a) DERIVE THE EQUATION FOR THE PARTICLE FOR (I) HORIZONTAL AND (II) VERTICAL DISPLACEMENT (IN EXACT FORM)

[/FONT] <meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <title></title> <meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 2.4 (Linux)"> <style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } --> </style> [FONT=DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <title></title> <meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 2.4 (Linux)"> <style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } --> </style> [FONT=DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
will you actually give me $100 if i scan up the worked solution??

proringz

HSC
Since air resistance is not measured in ohms (or any units for that matter), the question is unanswerable and so, that is my answer. Now gimme my $100

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Gimme the current and I'll work out the voltage :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jasonml said:

[/FONT]

[/FONT] <META content="OpenOffice.org 2.4 (Linux)" name=GENERATOR> <STYLE type=text/css> <!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } --> </STYLE> [FONT=DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
<META content="OpenOffice.org 2.4 (Linux)" name=GENERATOR> <STYLE type=text/css> <!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } --> </STYLE> [FONT=DejaVu Sans, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Again, this question is an epic fail.

friction

HSC
13.5 ohms is the stuff up. Air resistance as always will be preportional to velocity or velocity squared or something tell me what that is and ill find u the answer. Or i can assume one of them and give u the answer. Even ifu tell me what velocity the air resistance is at that i will give u the answer. If u give me $100. Its Just Ext 2 not too hard.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
What would air resistance be measured in?

conics2008

HSC
what if air resistance is with the velocity projected ??

there are alot of cases ??

play the game "tanks" lol.. im thinkin about that...

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
guys - i posted this on saturday night (sunday morning?) at 3am while i was embarrassingly drunk. air resistance is ridiculously difficult to measure, relies on countless variables, and is definatly not measured in ohms.

dont answer it - actually do some proper study. lol.

HSC
why were you on bored of studies posting shitty maths questions when you were drunk..
heaps sick...

and air resistance isn't that difficult

vds700

HSC
jasonml said:
guys - i posted this on saturday night (sunday morning?) at 3am while i was embarrassingly drunk. air resistance is ridiculously difficult to measure, relies on countless variables, and is definatly not measured in ohms.

dont answer it - actually do some proper study. lol.
how the fuck could u have typed that up (without spelling mistakes) if u were that drunk?

lost1

HSC
I'm guessing air resistance would be measured in Newtons (or the likes) since its a resistive 'force'

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
vds700 said:
how the fuck could u have typed that up (without spelling mistakes) if u were that drunk?
It took me like two hours, and i was copying out of a textbook lolol (though i obviously added the air res bit)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)