• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

100 UAI+DUX Sydney Grammar tutoring Chem/Phys/Maths(3u/4u) (1 Viewer)

richboychua

HSC
Hey guys, my name is Richard and I am interested in tutoring some people. I just graduated from the University of New South Wales in 2007 studying Commerce/Law, having done some travelling in between.

I scored an UAI of 100 in the 2001 HSC. I was also Dux of Sydney Grammar.

Over the past 5 years I’ve been tutoring privately on and off, for family friends and other contacts. I have a massive abundance of HSC notes over the years, mostly on Physics, Chemistry, Maths (2u/3u/4u) which I made myself and sourced from others.

If you’re a student aiming for 95+ UAI, let me show you some of my notes and advice, and I promise you’ll be aiming for much higher very soon. I think it’s not that difficult to reach higher standards, just takes proper coaching. I can do year 11 AND year 12 students.

Current rates – negotiable.

My email is sir.richard2000@gmail.com so drop me an email of your name, school, whereabouts you live, and also what subjects you’d like to be tutored for.

Cheers

Richard.

Last edited:

Roguedeth

HSC
surely he wants more money.

Richard you are a fucking genius.

richboychua

HSC
In responce to your question - I was travelling abit for most of my penultimate years, so I'm ready to get back into it.

I had some other issues to attend to, so I was unable to respond to the emails I've received. I will do that shortly.

-Richard.

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
Nah, it was actually harder back then. The ratio (not exactly the word I'm looking for, but meh) of 100 UAI was less than it is now, but maybe not every1 went to coaching back then.

This guy obviously wants more money! I mean, who doesn't (I don't want to turn this thread into one talking about money vs. life or anything though).

Every1 makes mistakes. substituting c for s is a... ?common? mistake. He posted at 1235 hours, so he probably had better things to do than post here. This is just advertising, probably has alot of this around the web.

in response to aMUSEd1977, i went to coaching back in yr 6, and now I'm getting tutored for english (my shittest subject, curse english...). I can honestly say tutoring by an experienced person, not a teacher, is better than getting taught by a teacher cause they've just spent all day teaching at school. Sif they'd want to spend more time teaching. And a 1-1 tutoring situation, or slightly more, is better for educational purposes cause your questions get answered (simply put)

richboychua

HSC
yeh, what's your point?

In my opinion, tutors are far more dedicated than teachers probably because tutors can focus on a few students while teachers have to manage (sometimes several) large classes.

Not to mention tutors can offer better advice on the HSC as they have recently sat it.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
richboychua said:
Not to mention tutors can offer better advice on the HSC as they have recently sat it.
Not to mention current HSC teachers can offer better advice than someone who sat it 7 years ago?

Edit: Sorry, tutoring is a sore point for me. This stupid system is more about how much money you have rather than intelligence.

Last edited:

SimonLee13

HSC
richboychua said:
you mean the hsc system or tutoring system?
Obviously she's talking about the tutoring system and how people are "buying" their grades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)