12 or 10 units (1 Viewer)

3usch

HSC
im not really sure what the deal is so would love some sort of explanation,
im currently on 12 units but find it was too much for the trials and took away marks from other subjects that were well below expected.

I want to drop ancient as my average is around high 70s and for me it is the most work involved, all my subjects are around the low 80s and i think can be boosted if i drop to 10 units and focus on these other subjects

what chu think?

eggy91

HSC
Only drop if you are very confident that you won't blow any HSC exams badly. I'm in somewhat the same position as you because I'm on 12 units and screwed biology but I think I'll keep it seeing as all that's left is one HSC exam to go and it will act as a buffer. I'm going to wait until I get all my trial results back and decide from there.

3usch

HSC
do you think its safe enough to go by one of those uai calculators, i know they aren;t accurate but it gives some sort of direction i guess...

youngminii

Banned
HSC
If you're one of those statistical people - the majority of people getting over 90 have more than 10 units.

eggy91

HSC
Well the calculators are quite accurate (within 2 ATAR ranks) but that doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get what mark you put in for the HSC.

absorber

HSC
@OP Consider ranks as well as marks, if your ranks in ancient are similar to other subjects or not an accurate reflection of the marks then you should reconsider. But you've got 2 months ahead of you, I've recently considered dropping one of my extension courses (I do 12 units) but chose not to- you've already done trials, there's heaps of time to prepare now and I reckon if you've come this far you have little to lose by keeping it

3usch

HSC
yeah that seems logical as i place 5 or 6 in all my subjects, ill take that into account :DD

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
My units next year depend on my MX1 results from the HSC this year... If I go well, then I only have to take MX2 next year. I have Music 1 in mind to continue with for the fun of it (although I'm sick of some of the course).

Brontecat

HSC
maybe u could just not study for the 12th and do it anyway - your doing pretty good in the subject so i wouldnt want to get rid of a subject that ur actually achieving + you've gotten so far already - only 1-2 months and u've stuck with it for so long and put in all the hard work u deserve to see something for all that effort

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)