13 Units. Crazy or...? (1 Viewer)

nexus_lad_69

Sikkest Lad in Livo
HSC
Uni Grad
Whoa! Thanks for this nexus_lad :) What you said is absolutely true but the big problem is, as you said in #5, I LOVE all my subs :L (if bio holds true to sticking to human biology NOT plants like prelim -___-)
After that, always consider:
1. The lowest scaling subjects out of all your subjects. (Step 3 in the procedure shown)
2. Statistically, which is your worst ranked subject. If ranks are not a good indication (e.g. the competition might be weak), I guess you CAN consider which subject you get the worst raw marks in RELATIVE to the subject's difficulty against the others. (Step 2 in the procedure shown)

I guess the margin of difference in marks should be considered too.

Ace95

HSC
If your basis on doing 13 units is solely based on wanting to acheive a 99+ ATAR and think that by having more units you have a greater chance of getting it, I wouldn't recommend it.

However, myself doing 13 units, I did not find it difficult it all. Obviously, those people with less units will have more free periods and more, but at the same time doing 13 units can be beneficial.
The reason why I didn't drop anything is because I needed the pressure and the stress of always having another subject to do.
I hope this makes sense, but always knowing that I had another subject to study for, I tended not to procrastinate. This is based on what type of person you are. If you are someone who needs a push, or can't seem to motivate yourself, I would recommend. It's not a crazy option, just one that would require dedication.

+ you might as well TRY how you can cope with 13 units, and if it doesn't work, no worries! Just drop!
You'd much rather stay safe, than be sorry.
I'm aiming for a high 90's atar- with these subs atm

Chemistry
3u Maths
3u English
1u SOR (forced :/)
IPT
Economics

So thats 13... I intend on dropping chemistry, as it is by far my worst subject. The rest of my subjects I pretty much am in the top 5, and for the lower scaling subjects (IPT/SOR) I am around 1st/2nd. Extension maths would be my worst after chemistry, im ranked around 5th.

So.. do you think dropping chem would be the best option to maximise atar/ efficiency for studying for other subjects more? I also considered picking up extension 2 english in place of chem.

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)