14 Units for the HSC? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Currently, I'm starting the HSC course on 14 units after picking up Extension 2 English... I have no idea what to drop - I'm enjoying all and placing decently well in all of my units. I think I could handle a 14 unit workload, but I would so appreciate free periods and everyone is saying to drop at least something. I need a high 90 atar and my biggest competition is sitting on 11, 10 or 8 units (maths accelerated). I really need some advice on something to drop!

I've got:

SOR2 (prelim rank unknown)
General Maths (1st prelim)
Drama (1st prelim)
Ancient (2nd prelim)
Legal (prelim rank unknown, possibly 5th)
Advanced English (5th prelim)
Ex 1 English (prelim rank unknown)
Ex 2 English

Thank you for any help you can give :)

Frostguard

HSC
omg no honey 14 units, you're gonna burn yourself out hella early :spzz: Are you sure you'll be able to handle 14 units? I do 13 units and even though I feel as I can handle the 13 units, thus assumption is based off 3 weeks of year 12 and I'm sure the same applies to you for you as well, once the assessments come piling up, 14 units will be a huge workload especially with 2 major work subjects (E Ext 2 and Drama). If you genuinely love all your subjects, keep them until maybe the first assessment? You'll see then where you rank in your cohort and whether you will continue to perform as well as you performed in the preliminary course (good ranks your ranks make me jealous ;)) ) but yeah if you really want to drop something then consider external factors such as amount of band 6s in that subject in your school (use top scores for this ), future career prospects/paths and maybe something like scaling, if you're confident you can come first in genny maths, then keep it but if not, the scaling might drag you down but yeah you don't necessarily need to drop yet just see how you fare in your first assessments. Good Luck! :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Consider:
* Teacher quality
* Previous cohorts performance in HSC exams(on a per subject basis)
* Size of respective subject, if you are coming 1 out of 3 people, then you may actually be performing pbetter in a subject where you are coming 3/96 people for example.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
To offer my perspective, I did 15 units and I went just fine ;) Free periods are great and all except you'll usually just spend them procrastinating (or at least I know I did, with the 2 that I had :p)

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Wait, you accelerated maths but you're going to do General Maths for your HSC? Am I assuming you accelerated 2U maths and did the HSC recently?

If that's the case... I'd probably just drop the General Maths and focus on everything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)