14 units!!! (1 Viewer)

Chew me:)

HSC
I have 14 units for HSC.. and im not dropping any.. in fact, im PICKING up Ext. Hist...

My subjects are:

Religion (Cath studies-doesnt count) - 1 unit
General Maths - 2 unit
Adv. English - 2 Unit
Business Studies - 2 Unit
Ancient Hstory - 2 Unit
Modern History - 2 Unit
Extension History - 1 Unit
Armenian (continuers) - 2 Unit

Heres the thing.. my timetable stays the same as this yr, cause ext hist calsses are after school... and i ahve about 8-9 studys in 2 weeks (a cycle)... Armenian is not hard at all!!! its the biggest bludge, catholic studies i dont care for... and for Ext. Hist, i just gotta work my ass off in the 6 week holidays and until i hand in my asignment worth 80%... after that im alright... but i love my subjects..!!! i dont know if im didging my own grave here or wat... what do ppl suggest i do...

Last edited:

bassqueen16

HSC
your doing.... 5 units of history? Are you a sped or what! Ok now Im confused, why on earth would you WANT to do 14 units? Is religion a requirement at your school ( it was at mine, and ill assume it is at yours cos you say u dont care for it, which is HIGHLY understandable ;) ) UMMM well I'd say, if armenian is such a bludge, drop it, cos you really should concentrate on your other subjects-- plus languages suck hard spesh when it comes to exams, theres like speaking and stuff ewwww :)

maskd

HSC
If you're passionate about history good luck with it, considering your seem to be good at the subjects which require writing (English, Business, History), why not drop General Maths? It seems rather out of place, and you have to go very well in it for it to be worth anything.

But good luck with it, I do 10 units and I find it to be PLENTY! :)

bassqueen16

HSC
yeah i do 11 units, and i do history extension and ancient and yes, its definitely enough!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Good luck keeping that many units right up until HSC. With all the major works and assignments those subject bring. Also you do know your 10 best units will count, including 2 of your best english units. So in that respect having 14 unit is sort of pointless. Unless you are undecided about what you want to do next year and some of these courses might help you.

Also imagine how many HSC exams you will have to study for with that...

klaw

HSC
Chew me:) said:
I have 14 units for HSC.. and im not dropping any.. in fact, im PICKING up Ext. Hist...

My subjects are:

Religion (Cath studies-doesnt count) - 1 unit
General Maths - 2 unit
Adv. English - 2 Unit
Business Studies - 2 Unit
Ancient Hstory - 2 Unit
Modern History - 2 Unit
Extension History - 1 Unit
Armenian (continuers) - 2 Unit

Heres the thing.. my timetable stays the same as this yr, cause ext hist calsses are after school... and i ahve about 8-9 studys in 2 weeks (a cycle)... Armenian is not hard at all!!! its the biggest bludge, catholic studies i dont care for... and for Ext. Hist, i just gotta work my ass off in the 6 week holidays and until i hand in my asignment worth 80%... after that im alright... but i love my subjects..!!! i dont know if im didging my own grave here or wat... what do ppl suggest i do...
I know several people who do 14 units of HARD subjects and they're doing fine. Unless you're struggling with any of those subjects, I wouldn't see a reason to drop. The workload shouldn't be so bad (in my opinion the yr 12 workload gets exaggerated HEAPS... for half my subjects the teachers literally don't teach anything and let us do anything but we don't do anything ever and still do fine) but it does become a pain in the ass when you have fifty billion assessments on the same week due to having 14 units. Just make sure that you don't leave preparing for your fifty billion assessments till the night before or you will PANIC HEAPS. Can't sleep coz you still have stuff to learn + lots of stress + panic attack + no doz = bad

freak of nature

HSC
im doing 14 units
i was doing fifteen, but i dropped ancient history.. and picked up another unit of english
my subjects are:
english extension II
maths extension I
chemistry
biology
SOR I
visual arts

im not one of those smart kids either, im averaging high seventies to low eighties at the moment... mind you i dont really study (ive tried, but my notes are illegible) and i hand in the majority of my assessments late... but i dont really feel as though im struggling, it might kick in a bit later in the year though when the workload picks up a bit...

keep the units... if youre managing the subjects that you do and are enjoying them then i see no point in dropping anything. the decision is entirely up to you though, and remember you can drop your subjects anytime between now and next august...

good luck :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
there is no need to do 14. if you're really passionate about something consider taking it up as an extra cirricular course.

i'd probably suggest dropping armeninan (as someone else menntioned).

from the viewpoint of maximising marks in the hsc to get the best possible uai:

but 14u is a complete waste of time, effort and energy (in the context of UAI and HSC). you can utilise those in your other units to improve your marks in them.

i really dont think anyone should be doing more than 12 units.

at the same time u seem pretty decided about what you want to do, but my suggestion would be drop to at least 12, or at very max, 13.

punkoohi

HSC
but i actually ENJOY my subjects!!!! i LOVE Armenian!!! the only thing i dont enjoy AS MUCH, is Modern!!! But in the end of it all, i Love knowing all that information!! and i can get into it easily.... I LOVEEE MY UNITS... I DONT WANNA DROP lolz, hopefully i can deal with the workload though, but I think i might be able to... I like when i have a lot of work to do and i have a "to do list" and tick it all off!!!

p.s. i started ext hist this week!!! ITS THE BEST... DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO FOR MW!!!

Dragonfyre

HSC
I am doing 15 units, but I accelerated in German Continuers, so I will really only be doing 13 next year. They are:

Maths Ext. 1
English Ext. 2
French Cont.
Music Ext. 1
German Ext. 1

I am managing the workload fine at the moment, although I know that it will be harder later on.

HSC
stick with it if u love it, cos u'll end up doing well, iof u can handle the workload, go for it

i'm doing 14 units it looks like, although i'mm accelerating in 2U maths this year, so i might only have 12 units, also ext 2 english is a 'not sure' for me

my courses are

SOR 1
English adv
Ext eng 1
Ext eng 2
Maths
Maths Ext 1
Physics
Economics
Business Studies

if u love them, u will go well, do what u think will suit u best

HSC
I probably top the cake. I do 13 units, but I do 6 units of Classics. Some people think that's a waste of time seeing as they're dead/immortal languages. I think it will kill me:burn:, but either way I enjoy it and they're my best subjects so yeah...

Anyway, I do:
2u Maths
3u English
3u Latin
3u Classical Greek

Chemistry

I dropped Physics and Maths x1. Dropping Maths x1 was the best thing I ever did I would say, even though 2u is such a bludge. I welcome the bludginess however. Physics just got too much of a chore the way we were getting taught, plus with the Classical Exts. I wanted to pick up, it kind of had to go because I love Chem too much.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
I did the most units at my school which was 13 and I would've done 14 but I ended up dropping Maths Ext. 1. My advice: just do it.

TheLadyDisdain said:
Anyway, I do:
2u Maths
3u English
3u Latin
3u Classical Greek
Chemistry
I wish I did Classical Greek :(

*emi*

HSC
i would stay with 14 if you can handle it.. can drop at any time

i was doing 13 units -
4u maths
3u english
modern history
history ext
economics
1u religion (gah compulsory)

but what really killed me was all the early mornings! because it takes me a good 1.5hrs to get to school and had maths ext 2 three mornings a week and history ext 1 morning and 1 afternoon!!!

so yep dropped ext 2 maths

it is SUCH a weight off your shoulders.. but sooo hard if you love them all =[

good luck with it all!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)