• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

14U = suicide? (1 Viewer)

holy fork...!
thats a lot... hell i couldnt deal with 13 units! haha... but yeah u always pull through it!
its rewarding at the end... keep ur eyes on the prize :uhhuh:

Grandor

Aspiring Army Officer
HSC
fark
I'm considering dropping a subject now.

I'll probably drop buisness studies. Bring me down to 12u...

Grandor

Aspiring Army Officer
HSC
They seem to me the 2 EASIEST subjects im doing.
+ I will score well im music.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I'm doing 13 units in prelim (Ext Eng, Visual Arts, Modern, Ancient, Society and Culture and music 1) things don't seem all to difficult right now, but I guess with 14 units you can always drop something in year 12 if you don't feel that you can cope with the workload.

Hobbsee

HSC
IPT is great as you hardly do anything

I managed to top the subject or get second in it just because i knew bits and pieces about computers, and happened to read the textbook once...wish i could do that for the rest of the subjects

I was doing 14 units at the beginning of year 11 (plus an extra 1 u subject that cant count)...it was crazy...i dropped business within about a week as i hated it - didnt teach me any of what i wanted to know...

I now do 10 units (in yr 12) - 4 u maths, physics, chem, english advanced - and 18 frees is good, although i do have early/late classes

I would say not to do more subjects than you have to - particularly when you get an assessment for each one due around the same time....

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It really depends on the person, I did 13units and managed a decent UAI with minimal study for anything but maths ex1/2

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i did 14 units in year 11
2u english advanced
2u general maths
2u geography
2u croatian continuers
2u business studies
2u community and family studies
1u studies of religion
1u exploring early childhood

eec was only a yr 11 subject which is a shame cuz i loved it... i ended up hating geography and dropped that so i only did 11 units for my hsc
i think i got through doing 14 units doing well with having 1 subject i loved and was good at and one bludge subject that i didnt really have to study for (croatian) but i personally think it would be really hard to do with all heavily theory based subjects

Grandor

Aspiring Army Officer
HSC
yes

cro_angel said:
...but i personally think it would be really hard to do with all heavily theory based subjects
Indeed cro.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Grandor said:
fark
I'm considering dropping a subject now.

I'll probably drop buisness studies. Bring me down to 12u...
I got to that stage, although it was half way through term two, I almost dropped drama. I'd advise against it (and I was advised against it), because if I had done it, Id've painted myself into a corner. Its probably just a mood, stick it out, its only been two weeks... And hey, its only prelim!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)