15 year old aussie boy acts like he owns ABC to get youtube to remove 100s of videos (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
A 15-year-old West Australian pretending to represent ABC TV succeeded in having more than 200 clips removed from the video-sharing website YouTube.

The boy signed a form claiming, “under penalty of perjury”, that he represented the clips’ copyright owners.

The segments, taken from The Chaser’s War on Everything, were removed over a month and replaced by this message: “This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Australian Broadcasting Corporation.”

The latest clip to be removed featured Charles Firth accosting Hillary Clinton. It had been viewed more than 100,000 times before it was taken down yesterday.

“The head of ABC legal is contacting those involved,” the head of arts, entertainment and comedy at ABC TV, Courtney Gibson, said. “We are very much keeping our options open in terms of what kind of action we take.”

The ABC contacted YouTube after the clip was removed, and was provided with a copy of the form used to claim that a copyright infringement had been committed.

It had been filled out by hand, listing “Loop Australia” as the company acting for the “Australian Broddcasting Corperation”.

The ABC has no affiliation with the company, or the boy whose Hotmail account was given as a business contact.

what a little shit chasers videos were the funnist aussie thing on youtube, especially the "dickhead number plates" episode, and alos stupid americans one lol..

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Re: 15 year old aussie boy acts like he owns ABC to get youtube to remove 100s of vid

Optophobia said:
Here's my story.

I love uploading and saving clips of the War on Everything to YouTube. So I was being hurt by "ABC Australia" when ever they reported one of my clips that i uploaded, or one of the ones i saved to my favourites.. And it was getting kind of annoying.

One day I got a private message from "ABC Australia" warning me that i had infringed their copyright. I saw straight through it, but.. What could I do? Not much. But I went away on holidays and i was reading news on WAP and I saw the story about how the 15 year old (15 my arse. This dickheads vocabulary was way too advanced for any 15 year old..) was made to apologize. I was so happy that night.

This was after arguing with "ABC Australia" for days on end with a whole pile of legal jargon (which no 15 year old would EVER understand).. I knew that they were faking.

The deletion of the clips not only went against what the 'war on everything' is about, but he wasn't targeting other copyrighted ABC material.

Only god knows why he chose to pick on 'war on everything' uploads.
Should we stone him? You have a point...out of all the stuff to take off the net why chaser? Get rid of crap like rosie o'donald or something

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Re: 15 year old aussie boy acts like he owns ABC to get youtube to remove 100s of vid

old news...what's with the bump? :confused:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

MuffinMan said:
old news...what's with the bump? :confused:
optophobia wanted to give the story his personal touch

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A

zimmerman8k said:
But Ari, if we get rid of the rosie o'donald clips you'll have nothing to jerk off to.
we all have to make sacrifices

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC

ari89 said:
optophobia wanted to give the story his personal touch
oops my bad, i have a thing for reading the last post and not any before it :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)