16 Days until Ancient Exam (2 Viewers)

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Well for Ancient History I am doing around 2 hours a day. Writing out notes or simply memorising all those quotes!
Just work your way through history a step at a time. Don't look at it and go.. oh god too much work. Just think... "alrite today I'll learn personalities i.e. Agrippina". Thats it... after u have done ur 1-2 hours move on to another subject.
You'll be fine. Don't stress out and fidget that won't get u anywhere. Keep in mind that you have the power to achieve anything! Good luck krissy.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I have two exams on that day :( Stupid stupid timetable

I'm doing about 2 1/2 hours every couple of days (I've been rotating my subjects daily)

Ah, but ancient's easy if you know your stuff well. You'll be fine.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I've been having to put quite a lot of time into Ancient as of late, in order to have some good notes written. When I manage to have that done (I'm in the midst of doing so for my last topic), I intend to write some practise essays, possibly dedicating 1-2 hours/day to it.

Wiggum

I haven't done that much lately because i put in like 10 hours in 2 days on it and i'm concentrating on other subjects, which isn't that good. Should be doing small bits.

krissy7685

im not going to exxagerate anything.. im honestly going to try 5 hours tomoz.. not all at once.. just yeh.. see how i go..

but 5 honest hours of study.. not like 3 hours of study, one hour of organising, 1 hour of actually making notes.

krissy7685

i cant study without the tv on..
the radio distracts me cos i start singing..

is that weird?absolute silence does not help me

anyone else have this problem

I have trouble studying fullstop!
My attention span is smaller than this --> <--

I'm trying a 'night shift' style study routine, see if it works :p

I think I should be doing at least an hour a day of ancient. There are only two topics I need to really revise, the other two are pretty easy/get good marks in.

malayz_angel

I always have music on while I study..and yes it is a distraction..but often a welcome one! Maybe you should put really crap songs on to listen to and then one good song every half hour or so that u can get a break?

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
i tried that but i still end up distracted
ancient is just really boring sometimes, espacially if you are only doing minoans and egyptians

The minoans suck as a topic. Everything is so vague and it's all a bit monotonous... However that is precicely why they rule to do during an exam! You can speculate all you want! MUAHAHA!

In all truth, I hate Gai Callender. She sucks, I've seen her speaking at a 'seminar' in which she turned out to be a penis and a dumbass all in one shot. Yes. She annoys me, therefore reading her material depresses me.

NB: It's late, I don't know what I'm talking about or if it's relevant.

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
Originally posted by Wiggum
I haven't done that much lately because i put in like 10 hours in 2 days on it and i'm concentrating on other subjects, which isn't that good. Should be doing small bits.
that's more than me in a week :(

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I work with music on but its not music with people singing or loud rock music. I have been listening to Enigma (very soothing and tranquil) and Harry Potter music. It makes me study for some reason and does not distract me in the least. Try that maybe?

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i have the weirdest study thing... i watch 'Looking For Alibrandi' on DVD, over and over and over again... i end up sitting there writing an essay on Agrippa while silently saying every line in the movie :S

krissy7685

i found a new technique..i find my brain absorbs more in the early hours of the morning.. so i ve been studying from midnight to like 3am .. then going to sleep and waking up in the arvo...

BAD FOR MY SLEEP CYCLE.. but it works... except i might not be able to wake up for my exam now

yasminwright

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE
as long as you know your stuff it doesn't matter how long you study for it or if you study at all..... last option only for decendants of einstein....:D

i was wondering though, does anyone have any "expansion, consolidation and administration of the empire" suff to do with Gius Calligular, Claudius and Nero? I have plenty on Augustus and Tiberius but my other emporers are lacking

krissy7685

FINALLY.. someone like me!!!!!

are ur parents whinging cos ur sleeping all day.... i didnt get up till like 2 pm today.. ARRGGHHH

malayz_angel

I'm not a big Gae Callender fan either. We heard her speaking at the Sydney University lectures and found her so boring that we actually spent most of the time trying to open the door (we were sitting at the back) and finally we snuck out! (very noisily...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)