$17 million/gold medal. 'Good Value': Nelson. (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I've never watch the Olympics (or any sport on TV) tbh. Too boring.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
The correct answer is: straya is a tinpot backwater that has no significance or achievements or culture of any kind outside sport, so we need something to hold on to for national pride

hence investing millions in sports no one ever thinks of between olympic games

on the other hand

Kevin Rudd said:
We wish both of our teams well because it is all to a good purpose,” Mr Rudd said.

“Football is the world game and if they do well in the world game that means they are doing well for Australia. Both of these teams are ambassadors for Australia. They are our diplomats.

“More people observe what they do around the world than any speech I might deliver anywhere.”
:cool:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
if you earnt international respect by being a football superpower I think argentina would be in a much better position than it is.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
It's because lefties are usually pretty stupid, tbh.
yeah, speaks the guy that thinks there is nothing wrong with public nudity.
LOL

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
The correct answer is: straya is a tinpot backwater that has no significance or achievements or culture of any kind outside sport, so we need something to hold on to for national pride

hence investing millions in sports no one ever thinks of between olympic games

on the other hand

:cool:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_laureates_by_country

Germany and France are fucking owning us and they're way better at soccer too :(

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Enteebee said:
if you earnt international respect by being a football superpower I think argentina would be in a much better position than it is.
it's still not really worth anything at all outside an interest in the particular sport

but still, the fact that we're ~50th in the world in one of the sports that everyone plays proves that we're not even a sporting power either, only at sports like swimming that only a few countries care about

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
it's still not really worth anything at all outside an interest in the particular sport

but still, the fact that we're ~50th in the world in one of the sports that everyone plays proves that we're not even a sporting power either, only at sports like swimming that only a few countries care about
yeah I agree with you, sorry I thought you were actually supporting what Rudd was saying.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I dont see what the fuck is offensive about nudity in and of itself.
Why do you hate freedom?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I don't think there's anything necessarily offensive about sitting in a pg movie and having a fap either if you clean up after yourself, but if I saw someone doing this it'd offend my fragile sensibilities... Where do we draw the line? Idk, wherever enough people with enough power are annoyed by the act to want it outlawed and those who want to be able to can't convince them otherwise.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Miles Edgeworth said:
I don't understand why we invest even a single cent in sport: OH WAIT I KNOW WHY BECAUSE WE RETAIN SPORT SO THE RETARDED PEOPLE WHO CAN'T GO TO UNI HAVE SOMETHING TO ASPIRE TO WHILST THEY WASTE THEIR LIVES WORKING AT COLES OR WOOLIES AND PUMPING OUT MORE RETARDED CHILDREN.

Bring back eugenics.
Because university and academic life is the only way to succeed...

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:

Rubbish. If our best athletes chose to play soccer we'd be up there with the best in the world. The sheer number of sports in which Australia competes is a disadvantage in itself. We minimise an already small pool of talent.

HSC
You guys are all arrogant and think you're the best simply because you're more intelligent and probably suck at ALL PHYSICAL ACTIVITY INCLUDING SEX!!!

Just face it - nobody gives a fuck about you, they just want to get pissed and watch sport!

...now where was I.... that's right I was playing World of Warcraft where I can be an hero

X

xeuyrawp

Riet said:
I dont see what the fuck is offensive about nudity in and of itself.
Why do you hate freedom?
Agreed - it's completely contextual... I got in the most random discussion in one of my classes about not wearing clothing at home. Apparently myself and one of my teachers are the only people on earth to wear hardly anything at home when it's summer and really hot. :-/

u-borat

Banned
HSC
incentivation said:
Rubbish. If our best athletes chose to play soccer we'd be up there with the best in the world. The sheer number of sports in which Australia competes is a disadvantage in itself. We minimise an already small pool of talent.
nope.

unless they improve the system from the U/7s upwards, ozzie dont have anywhere near the technical ability as your brazil/argentina/football powers in the world...where millions of kids grow up and pretty much play football from the go.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
incentivation said:
It all suggests that we're an inward looking, parochial, ignorant country, on the whole.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
from a random article about making sheep shearing an olympic sport :D

Meanwhile, the Australian authorities are considering more straightforward ways to address their lack of Olympic success.

Mike Tancred, director of media for the Australian Olympic Committee, attributed the team's underperformance to a funding shortfall: "Our chef de mission, John Coates, believes you can see the results at these Games of the extra funding which the British team has benefited from, across a wider range of sports.

"We are working on a proposal for our government to provide more sports funding for London 2012."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)