17, pregnant, yr 12 next year.. what do i do? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
fernando said:
you can not let religious beliefs drive the most important decisions like these in your life. you are looking at two roads that lead to two COMPLETELY different places.
how can you not, many people base there whole lives around their faith to suggest that that should not come in to the equation is stupid

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
fernando said:
umm.. do you even understand the responsibilities that come with being a mother? how can she study for education/work for financial support/take care of baby/take care of herself/not manage to kill herself all at the same time? hells no.
imo abortion in this situation is selfish (no offence), there are people who want to adopt but can not cos no one will give kids up anymore they would just have an abortion, out of your difficult sitation why not give someone else the joy of a child.

you can study and be pregant, i know someone whos best friend did their HSC pregnant, you have to take time off to have the baby of course, but you can go on pathways and continue your studies

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
how can you not, many people base there whole lives around their faith to suggest that that should not come in to the equation is stupid
this girl is supposedly religious herself so where the hell was her faith when she got preggers eh? she didn't base her faith around that decision so why should she in the case of abortion.

charbler

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
See the "who believes religion is outdated" thread. We have all agreed that religion is not relevant in today's society.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
fernando said:
this girl is supposedly religious herself so where the hell was her faith when she got preggers eh? she didn't base her faith around that decision so why should she in the case of abortion.
just because someone has faith it does not mean that we do not do things which we regret, we are still sinners too.

HSC
ever heard of a freaking condom? or the pill?

look it up.:rolleyes:

edit: its your fault your pregnant don't punish the baby (abortion) for your stupidity.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
she did not say that she did not use contraception..people still get pregnant on the pill or when they use condoms

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
just because someone has faith it does not mean that we do not do things which we regret, we are still sinners too.
emytaylor164 said:
imo abortion in this situation is selfish (no offence), there are people who want to adopt but can not cos no one will give kids up anymore they would just have an abortion, out of your difficult sitation why not give someone else the joy of a child.

i totally agree that abortion is selfish and the easy way out no doubt about that. But i don't really give a sh1t about the mother, what i'd care about most is the unborn child. the chances of giving up a child for adoption after giving birth is very slim. you're limiting that child to a fulfilling and stable life...does the unborn child deserve that?

i congratulate any young girl who is able to raise a child, work, and be financially stable all at the same time, but seeing as so many young girls today are just so irresponsible and immature the chances of that is so out of range.

sinners or not, you need to have the best interest in the child.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
the thing is adoption would eventually allow the child to have a stable home environment.

you would be suprised how much a person who is immature when they get pregnant, grows up when a baby comes into the equation.

Personally if i was in this girls situation and kept the child, I would be making the father pay up to help support the child.

HSC
lucy-bubs said:
hi
my name is lucy, im 17 and pregnant.
Im not sure if i should have an abortion or if i should keep the baby and put her up for adoption (yes, in case you are wondering it is a girl). She will be due in June, so i wont be able to do much study for my mid year psych exam cos a) i will be heavily pregnant b) might be having the baby and c) if i have already had her how can i study and then theres my end of year for all my other subjects.. ahhhhh i dunno what im gonna do!!
My family is all against abortion cos we are a heavily christian family.
please help me
I guess you should keep it in that case.

There's a lot of different ways you can do year 12 - via pathways (over two years) and also you will get consideration for anything which may occur whilst at school (say you have a baby during the trials).

Don't forget if you want to look after the kid for a year or two there's always mature age entry.

Goodluck!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
You should keep the child.

If you do not, your parents will hate you, your family will hate you and you will burn in the depths of hell for all eternity for violating one of the 10 Commandments handed down by God to Moses himself.

Remember, burning in hell.

Peace out

Last edited:

Deadhead

HSC
N/A
If she already knows the sex of the baby its too late for an abortion... I am not against abortion, killing a bundle of partially differentiated cells is not evil, but if the sex is already identifiable (how can it be at only 8 weeks- June is 7 months away so she can only be about 8 weeks pregnant, I'm pretty sure thats way too early to be able to identify the sex) then its more than just a bunch of cells.
If the baby really is due in June then you don't know the sex of it and you can easily get an abortion untill about 12 weeks.
If you truly do know the sex of the baby then you are either way off in your dates, a horse, or a moron.

mikballs

HSC
This discussion is more personal opinion.. technically there wouldn't be a right or wrong..

But in MY opinion.. a human life shouldn't be taken away for something like ur HSC. Yeah sure its important, but are a few exams as important as a baby girl? I dont think so.

Have you considered this-

Have your baby girl, then re-do your HSC? (if thats possible, im not too sure)
But there's always TAFE and UNI after that?

As I said, my opinion is that you should keep the baby. A human life is worth more than exams, you could still be successful without having a great HSC mark.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
even through the person who posted this is a troll, i'd still like to get my point across.

a 'human life' does not deserve to be brought up in an unstable and unhealthy environment. HELLO the "mother" is SEVENTEEN!! are you kidding me. oh my gob... and there's no way any young girl would go back to school after having the baby... how the hell is she going to raise the child? pick dollar bills off trees? i don't think so.

charbler

Banned
HSC
mikballs said:
But in MY opinion.. a human life shouldn't be taken away for something like ur HSC. Yeah sure its important, but are a few exams as important as a baby girl? I dont think so.
It is a few cells, not a life, let me reiterate, you are a stupid cunt, shut the fuck up.

mzduxx2006

HSC
lucy-bubs said:
hi
my name is lucy, im 17 and pregnant.
Im not sure if i should have an abortion or if i should keep the baby and put her up for adoption (yes, in case you are wondering it is a girl). She will be due in June, so i wont be able to do much study for my mid year psych exam cos a) i will be heavily pregnant b) might be having the baby and c) if i have already had her how can i study and then theres my end of year for all my other subjects.. ahhhhh i dunno what im gonna do!!
My family is all against abortion cos we are a heavily christian family.
please help me
u dumb idiot. ur so fuckin dumb that i laugh at ur situation. its called a condom loser.....or are u against it cause ur apart of a "heavily christian family"....cant be that religious otherwise u wouldnt have had sex before mariage. BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRN. sucks to be you!

charbler

Banned
HSC
lou071 said:
watch your langauge.

well i think abortion is the best option for this case, but
it is right that abortion is killing a potentional human being
Learn to spell language then tell me to watch my language.
What do you mean by "right"? It is probably not right according to the fairytale called the Bible, but that was written 1000 years ago. Right is subjective for the pregnant girl to decide, you are really thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)