18 and still haven't got my apparition license (need it for uni) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

terminator69

HSC
Due to some circumstances at home, I wasn't able to get my apparition license when I turned 17. I'm 18 now and still haven't taken the exam yet but now that uni has started it's becoming quite hard to travel to uni without it. Anyway, I've already had a few lessons but I'm just looking for some advice on recommended guides or supplementary study material so I can improve my technique (and not require the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad to have to come out, again).

Also, I heard that all the major Sydney universities have really powerful
anti-apparition spells spread around the campus, so can anyone confirm this? And is it possible that UOW will be easier to penetrate as they don't have as many resources dedicated to defense as the bigger universities have?​

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
Just remember the 3 d's mate, nothing can possibly go wrong if you do.

kikuichimonji

HSC
You might want to invest in a broomstick as an alternative. Random Chinese stores have them for like 2 or 3 dollars. Go for the plastic ones; the wooden ones start to rot in rainy weather.

Matt2233

HSC
Due to some circumstances at home, I wasn't able to get my apparition license when I turned 17. I'm 18 now and still haven't taken the exam yet but now that uni has started it's becoming quite hard to travel to uni without it. Anyway, I've already had a few lessons but I'm just looking for some advice on recommended guides or supplementary study material so I can improve my technique (and not require the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad to have to come out, again).

Also, I heard that all the major Sydney universities have really powerful
anti-apparition spells spread around the campus, so can anyone confirm this? And is it possible that UOW will be easier to penetrate as they don't have as many resources dedicated to defense as the bigger universities have?​

Might i reccomend investing in some floo powder. It is much easier to use and does not involve the risk of appearing in the middle of uni with your cloths left at home.

But, if you classify yourself as attractive, by all means continue your study of apparition.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty sure the Sydney Universities are connected to the Floo Network.

kikuichimonji

HSC
I don't think I've ever seen a fireplace in UNSW or UTS so travelling by floo would be a little difficult.

HSC
Uni Grad
Kill someone and then find a thestral and fly it to school.

kikuichimonji

HSC
Unfurl an age old plot to destroy the university using a basilisk, freeing a house elf in the process. Clothe the house elf and befriend it. Ask it to take you into the university at the risk of its own life. Mourn its death after it is stabbed. Bury it and mark its grave with a large rock, using your wand to carve an inscription.

Problem solved.

HSC
I don't think I've ever seen a fireplace in UNSW or UTS so travelling by floo would be a little difficult.
with uts there's this dedication stone out the front of the library, it's like platform 9 3/4. but no there aren't any places to floo in.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
It sucks, I've done the test but I failed because I splinched myself real bad, I'm banned from the apparition test for another 17 months!!! And the ministry just don't seem to get that I need to get to uni... It takes me almost 2 hours to get there on my Cleansweep 3 broomstick and my faculty isn't connected to the floo network yet. :(

glo-stick91

HSC
You could always ask Hagrid if you could borrow Sirius's motorcycle? Or does Mr Weasley have it now? Either way, it's a quick way to get to uni :)

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
You could always ask Hagrid if you could borrow Sirius's motorcycle? Or does Mr Weasley have it now? Either way, it's a quick way to get to uni :)
Hmm I think that got pretty banged up though, you know, just before the war. And I'm sure the memory of what happened to Hedwig in it just might be too much for anyone to bear... :(

glo-stick91

HSC
Hmm I think that got pretty banged up though, you know, just before the war. And I'm sure the memory of what happened to Hedwig in it just might be too much for anyone to bear... :(
Oh yeah. You have a point there... Well, you could always take your case to the media. Daily prophet would be best in bringing light to your plight. The ministry doesn't need any bad publicity right now, so a bit of pressure on them might convince them to look at your case more in depth

mirakon

nigga
HSC
You could probably write to the Minister of Magic, Kingsley Shacklebolt for some leeway, I'm a good friend of his.

pman

Banned
HSC
Oh yeah. You have a point there... Well, you could always take your case to the media. Daily prophet would be best in bringing light to your plight. The ministry doesn't need any bad publicity right now, so a bit of pressure on them might convince them to look at your case more in depth
but the ministry controls the daily prophet, as has been mentioned time and time again, look what happened to harry potter, when the ministry turned its back on him, so did the prophet

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Why not the Aussie Minister for Magic?
He is too busy with the scandal involving him being caught attending a show to watch the Weird Sisters strip at the Leaky Cauldron. Fairr of the Butterbeer Bottle mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)