18 year old supposed 'bomb threat' in Mosman (1 Viewer)

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Girl: Mum i have this thing on me, some stranger must of put it on me while I was unaware, it looks like a bomb, it smells like a bomb, but according to LonelyWolf i should just ignore all the obvious warning signs and hope for the best.

HSC
Uni Grad
haha fuck

that's like late last term at my school

some guy called up threatening to come to school with a weapon and kill ppl so stupid school took it srsly and called police who overreacted and put us under lockdown for 3 hours

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It's not as if they can just ignore it?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Imagine the outrage if it did detonate and everyone thought it was fake and didn't investigate it...that's why you have to always take these things seriously.

It seems like a very bizarre case indeed.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
imagine if they were muslim

being mosman they probz aint

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/bomb-squad-called-to-mosman-house-20110803-1ib8b.html

Sounds like some rich over emotional idiot. Also, why would the authorities take her seriously, actually believing she has a legit bomb.
Sounds pretty serious actually. Extortion attempt. It's a wealthy family.

It was not clear how the device came to be strapped to the girl but it is understood she did not place it there herself.

A senior police poice officer described the device as an unusual "collar bomb" which has never been seen before in Australia.

He said they believed it was an extortion attempt and that the initial details of the situation were being conveyed to police via the girl's father.

The girl, who is part of one of Sydney's wealthiest families is understood to be "absolutely petrified".

Police believe the ransom note is attached to her neck but bomb experts have been unable at this point to read its contents.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/bom...at/story-e6frfkvr-1226107604460#ixzz1TxL3U57D

Piter

HSC
I didn't realize the operation was still happening.

A major police operation is underway tonight after a balaclava-clad man entered a Mosman house and placed a device on an 18-year-old girl this afternoon. A ransom note was found with the device.

Bomb squad officers are inside the Burrawong Avenue home examining the suspicious device and supporting the teenager. In a statement issued at 7pm police said the process "demands a high-level of skill and must be meticulous".
Speaking at the scene, assistant commisioner Mark Murdoch said the girl was still in the house.

‘‘She is in the house with a couple of our bomb technicians,’’ he told reporters.

The drama started when the girl, who was home alone when the man entered the house, phoned police about 2.30pm.
Police have cordoned off the house and closed several nearby streets. Some homes have also been evacuated and police are urging people to stay away from the area.

Police are appealing for help and anyone who noticed suspicious activity around the home or on Burrawong Avenue this afternoon should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nsw...man-20110803-1ib8b.html?from=brisbanetimes_sb

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Girl is free.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
It's not as if they can just ignore it?
yeahit'd be kinda awkward if it was real, the girl blew up and the police are like "oh woops we thought it was just a joke"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)