18th party sydney venue (1 Viewer)

lockitta27

HSC
I have my 18th coming up later in the year and was wondering whats a good party venue in sydney that also allows people under age? cos not all my friends are 18 yet

katy-g

HSC
I've been to several 18th's in local Bowling Club functions rooms which have been fabulous and they cater for all ages and provide alcohol service to those over age.

My friend's parents had to sign a legal form to say that no one under the age of 18 will approach the bar and will not be drinking within the premises... But that didnt happen.

As long as everyone didnt get smacked and we'rent chundering everywhere there wasnt an issue really.

Also ive been to an 18th in a resturant where the birthday gal had hired the entire resturant and they turned it into a mini night club and served mocktails to the youngens.

That was fun.

Last edited:

Mono!

HSC
how much did it cost them? be expensive wouldnt it?

T-Boner

HSC
ooooh the perfect destination for something like that would be the Bamboo Bar in Manly. its the nightclub section of the rugby club. i went to an 18th there not too long ago and decided thats where mines gonna be later this year.

costs are as follows:

bond: 400 (should get this back though)
hire: 400
security: they provide 2 security guards but you pay $35/hour each (so $70 an hour on security) the security do their jobs well, i know this first hand as i was actually kicked out of the 18th i went to hahahaha they dont take any shit)
music: they will offer to organise a dj for you for $200/hour, or you can organise your own. i called up a fella i used to work with who left to start a dj company with a mate of his called "Decked Out", and the two of them are doing the entire night for $300, playing non stop.
drinks: not sure of individual prices but there is a full bar within the joint, but only those over 18 can buy.

if your freinds arent all gonna be 18, ask them to try hook themselves up with a fake ID before hand so they can a) drink with you and b) come out clubbing with you afterwards. wristbands are given to those who provide ID saying theyre over 18 so they can drink, if youre under age, i would recommend either drink a little beforehand (you wont be let in if youre pissed though), carry a hip flask if you can hold the straight liquor. otherwise, be sneaky, its a risk but you can get away with getting over 18s to buy for you, and just drink them on the quiet.

the place holds 200 people, which is always good. im having mine there fo shiz.

pm me if you want ph numbers of either bamboo bar or the dj's im hooking up.

sorry for the long winded reply, but i think everything is in there. good luck!

missylicious

HSC
how abt karaoke places? lol
the karaoke places ive bn allows entry to all ages ..

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
missylicious said:
how abt karaoke places? lol
the karaoke places ive bn allows entry to all ages ..
yeah gr33n80x in pitt street like i mensioned in the other K thread. its like $10 a hour and has mostly updated asian and english songs.

You can hire out a big room, with a dj and hold a dance party. or go to utopia http://www.powerhouseproductions.com.au/events.php

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)