1st hand investigation on structure in plants....... (1 Viewer)

*zara*

zozo2nv
HSC
N/A
in the syllubus there is a point which says
" perfom a first hand investigatio to gather information about structures in plants that assist in the conservation of water"
my oral poresentation is based on this syllubus point ( approx. 3-4 min.) i went to the HSC online site which said a bit and i dont think it was very helpful so if youve done this invest. or know anything about it then can you help me in choosin which plants to use that would have alot of info about. i know all the adaptations but i dont know how to do the investigation im bad at doing experiments invest etc
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanx ppl

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Stating how you observed said observations, then discussing their function/purpose should be sufficient.

I.E.:

Sunken Stomates on Banksia => Observed Under Microscope => Reduce Water Loss By...

If you're doing an oral, flowcharts showing your process, diagrams and perhaps pictures (such as magnified structures) pasted onto a piece of board which you then point at during the presentation would help since

1) You don't have long, and doing that should move you along quicker.

2) It gives the appearance that you've gone into quite a bit of depth.

Gluck.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Maybe whilst researching, before starting make a list of the types of general adaptations that plants may have to water loss (such as reduced or fake leaves, waxy leaf, hairy leaf etc) and then construct and table and tick off which adaptations occur in the various plants that you observe. How you observe adaptations varies, some are visible to naked eye, some need magnifying lens others may need microscope

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)