1st Year Civil Engineering Enquiries (1 Viewer)

theorbb

HSC
hey guys,

im actually 1st year computer engineering/commerce student but as heaps of other civil eng students are browsing this forum i thought i'd post my query here aswell. My main question is that im wanting to transfer from comp eng to civil engineering, just becuase im fairly sure i wont suceed at it. I already know that it is not possible for me to transfer between engineering streams between semesters so i will have to wait until the end of the year. I have no problem with this becuase civil engineering department has given me the "ok" to do civil engineering subjects for second semester and "formally" tansfer into civil engineering at the end of the year. However, my main concern is, would i have to re-apply for admission into Civil Engineering/Commerce (whose UAI is most likely to go up this year...causing me to miss out) or just Civil Engineering?

And yes, i have been to the student central who in turn sent me to the computer engineering faculty, who sent me to the civil engineering dept. however, noone could answer my question clearly.

Cheers,

ioniser

HSC
your not the only one wanting to do that,even if the uai does go up that wont affect you( that only affects people entering civil for 2007 as 1st years).As you know civil engineering is already full, the only way you are going to get into civil is if someone drops out,you will be competing with other people trying to transfer into this course,if there arent enough spaces they'll take the person with the best marks usually half your uai +half your gpa of first year,and they work their way down the list

you should be fine though engineering drop out rate is 40 percent across all universities

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)