1st year of uni over!! plans for holidays??? (1 Viewer)

jaechen

HSC
I remember after HSC I did practically nothing for 4 months so that was a good waste of time. Trying to figure out what to do for this break and wanted to hear what you guys are doing.

So what's everyone got planned for the 3 month break?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I remember after HSC I did practically nothing for 4 months so that was a good waste of time. Trying to figure out what to do for this break and wanted to hear what you guys are doing.

So what's everyone got planned for the 3 month break?
Just out of interest-if you imagined yourself finished the HSC, like going back in time-what would you have done in those 4 months-i.e. would you have found a job, study ahead? and how was your first year of uni-did you feel it was easy to adapt to the workload after the rigours of the HSC year-or not really?

By the way, I wish you have a very awesome 3 months holiday ahead:)

sakurashizune

HSC
Uni Grad
I did the same during HSC. Just lounged around, but I also had a job so yeah. Last year I stayed in Germany for 2 months so I missed out on most of summer. This year I'm going overseas again and when I come back I'm doing my Summer Research Scholarship.

RishBonjour

HSC
Just out of interest-if you imagined yourself finished the HSC, like going back in time-what would you have done in those 4 months-i.e. would you have found a job, study ahead? and how was your first year of uni-did you feel it was easy to adapt to the workload after the rigours of the HSC year-or not really?

lol. study ahead for what?
Quite a lot of people went overseas (I did too), but I wish I worked in the holidays as well.

Uni is stressful minus the whole 'end of the world' HSC/ATAR feel. Plus, you don't have ranks etc (unless you're top 3 in your unit) - so its more relaxed.

enjoy your holidays!

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
I've got nothing to do until I head back to the mainland :D

Guangzhou, Chongqing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, here I come.

pls hope I go to HK too.

jaechen

HSC

Hey you have a good holidays yourself too :)

Looking back I definitely should have applied for jobs or maybe do a bit of volunteering - anything to get out of the house. 1st year of uni went by pretty quickly and semester 1 was hell, trying to adapt to the much larger workload than HSC. Sem 2 was a lot better but still stressful at times.

Aside from work, tbh I'm probably gonna pick up a hobby like learning card tricks or reading novels (suggestions?)

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
im going back to Thailand for 3 months :p

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I did absolutely nothing of consequence in my HSC break!!! I got my first job over that break and I read a lot, probably Tumblr-ed a lot but it was not memorable. I will probably read a lot (something I didn't do all semester), watch a lot of television, work multiple jobs and hopefully travel early 2014.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)