1st yr units (1 Viewer)

Haku

i got offered Bcom/Bsci at usyd, so i am really confused about choosing units of study as i heard that both Bcom and Bsci both have a common first yr of study.... so what units should i choose or is it already all set out on enrolment day and i have to elective to choose.
would this case apply if i want to apply for a 2nd yr transfer to Bcom(lib)?

A

adamsaclown

was enrolment day today?

in case it wasn't, the norm for that program is to choose 4 maths units (2 per semester), 4 science subjects (2 per semester), and 2 commerce subjects (1 per semester), either:
acct1a & 1b,
econ1a & 1b,
ecmt1010 & infs1000,

for first year. the people there will help you.

its not really the same as for comm (lib studies) because most people in that will be doing mostly commerce/govt units in first year, and only a few (1 or 2) science units.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
if u are looking at transferring to b comm(lib), then do 3 comm + 1 sci subjects in first sem, same in 2nd sem.... as in b comm(lib) u will be focusing more on commerce side...

u shud be looking at doing all the cores for comm:

econ1001, 1002
acct1001, 1002
ecmt1010,
infs1000

note that if u are looking at doing math 1905/1005 (statistics) u MAY be able to exempt from doing ecmt... (that's what i am doing right now in fact)

A

adamsaclown

yep, but you'll have to do some other ECON unit, right?

Also i think ECMT1010 is required for one of the accounting accreditations

A

adamsaclown

oh sorry just read the handbook, and its not some ECON subject, just a Junior subject from E&B faculty which isnt a core unit. :)

what commerce subjects have you done so far xiao/what commerce subjects do you plan to do?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
=)
i did:
econ1001 1002
acct1001 1002

going to do: infs1000 (=()
maybe claw or ecmt or jsut skip to finc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)