2.1 computer speakers recommendation (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yea, Boston. Pretty good eh! They used to be good, then they occasionally fucked up. Now the treble doesnt wanna work.

So yea, its a toss up between Z4 and LS21...

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yea i was thinking of getting myself some decent headphones (over/on ear), but then i remember how hot my ears get sometimes, and that i'd kinda need to hear if someone's calling me from outside my room.
Plus its awesome to crank up speakers when parents arent home :cool:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
IMO Speakers for multimedia.

Phones for Gaming.

Get both.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
How are the logitech z4's? I've been using my Z3's for nearly 4 or so years now. I might upgrade sometime next year by the looks of it though.

3usch

HSC
i definitely recommend the z4, have had both the altec's and logitech and logitech was a squillion times better

truuuust me

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've got Z2300's and Z4's at my place.

Z4 sounds alright until you turn the volume up and then you feel it's getting a bit shallow- and it's also not very loud. It's fine for computer use but you wouldn't want it to fill a room or for watching movies on the couch.

Z2300's are friggin awesome. They sound considerably better than most speakers in that price range and can really fill a room. The only downside is you'll want to use them for watching movies on the couch but it has no wireless remote which means you need to get up to change volume. They are a massive improvement over most speakers which are inbuilt into anything. I currently have mine hooked up to my Samsung LCD HDTV rather than the computer because I felt it was a waste to have them in a small room.

As for price-wise, I paid $230 for the Z2300's but you can get them for around $160 at some of the computer shops in Capitol (last time I checked).

ps. I also use Altecs on my desktop PC at my parents house. These definitely sound better than the cheaper Logitech Z4 but whilst carrying alot of oomph, the Logitech subwoofer has much more punch to it (and THX certification). I also found the Altec knobs/cables to wear and tear alot more over time (e.g. static when you turn the volume on) compared to the Logitech, but the build quality of the speakers (even the metal stand) feels far superior to Logitech's cheap plasticy feel.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
what do u use the z4's for and the z2300's for?

as in where are they, which computer/laptop/whatever are they hooked up to, what do u use em for (eg gaming/music/movies/all).

i really really wanna get z2300's, im just looking for a good reason :eek:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
so the dude at the penta store at ultimo (i hate them, wankers they be) told me today that if i wanted speakers, i should either get some cheap < $100 ones, or some > $400 ones, since anything between $100-$200 isnt really worth getting.

what does everyone else think of this?

the z2300 (logitech) that i wanna get is around $170ish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)