2 Conceded Passes? (1 Viewer)

RatherTired

HSC
N/A
It is very likely that I will recieve a 47.5% in one unit and 49% in another unit this semester...
For the two other units that I'm also doing this semester I will most likely get a distinction/high distinction..

Do unis ever give out two conceded passes in one semester? Or would a uni ever bump up your mark up to a pass grade??
Or am I doomed to failure??

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Sounds like you need to learn to prioritise. We can't tell you anything without knowing what university and faculty you're in.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Not really sure. I got a PC in one semester (47%), and in another unit I thought I would be getting a PC, but miraculously got a pass (50%). So maybe they do bump one up, or it could just be a coincidence.

FUFU

HSC
hmm im not sure about this, but i do know that universities tend to scale marks, you might be lucky to end up with passes.

ultraman8

Banned
HSC
N/A
If you do arts subjects = win. Any other department = doom

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
does usyd give conceeded passes for E&B subjects?

chrisnumber1

HSC
i heard that for some units they recheck your paper, giving up pointless half marks and rounding it up untill you get over 50 if you got like 49 or something

Enchantress91

HSC
What's a conceded pass? How do you apply for it? (I'm from UNSW)

I'm going to fail my Accounting (ACCT1501) and Management (MGMT1001) this semester ... (my other 2 courses aren't looking good either). I'm doomed.

X

xeuyrawp

What's a conceded pass? How do you apply for it? (I'm from UNSW)

I'm going to fail my Accounting (ACCT1501) and Management (MGMT1001) this semester ... (my other 2 courses aren't looking good either). I'm doomed.
I *loathe* Conceded Passes / Passes Concdeded. Macquarie effectively utilises them for marks between 45-50, ie 'you still failed but we're not quite failing you'.

spence

HSC
I *loathe* Conceded Passes / Passes Concdeded. Macquarie effectively utilises them for marks between 45-50, ie 'you still failed but we're not quite failing you'.
Yeah they seem like a really dumb idea to me too

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
this, gentlemen, is the future of the Australian tertiary education system :idea:

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
At ANU we don't have conceded passes, instead if you get between 45-49 you have to do a second exam to get a supplementary pass. I'm not sure how much better that is, but certainly automatic conceded passes seem a bit too easy.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
At ANU we don't have conceded passes, instead if you get between 45-49 you have to do a second exam to get a supplementary pass. I'm not sure how much better that is, but certainly automatic conceded passes seem a bit too easy.
That's also a copout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)