2 people in my drama class? (1 Viewer)

KotaBear99

HSC
ok so there are only two people in my drama class including myself.
my classmate and i have a new teacher.
he always argues with her, and she argues back.

idek why I wrote this, but somebody pls tell me they are in the same/same-ish boat.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
ok so there are only two people in my drama class including myself.
my classmate and i have a new teacher.
he always argues with her, and she argues back.

idek why I wrote this, but somebody pls tell me they are in the same/same-ish boat.
careful lolol
inb4 they hook up
and you become the third wheel to their illicit relationship

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
2 people?? How are you guys going to do the group project? That's gonna be heaps tough, good luck!

RyanT7

HSC
I wouldn't think they would let a class of 2 run, even if it's for a subject like drama

KotaBear99

HSC
Yeah, it would seem that way.. :/

The only way I can do the group performance is to write it myself and then get 2 students from the Year 11 Drama class to be in it.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Yeah, it would seem that way.. :/

The only way I can do the group performance is to write it myself and then get 2 students from the Year 11 Drama class to be in it.
Man that's tough. Is it possible to get those 2 students involved in the creative process, even if you do it unofficially?

Try to think of it as a good thing. You have unlimited creative freedom. Group work can suck (and I can attest to that from my own experience haha).

All the best! Here to help if you have any questions :)

si2136

HSC
N/A
Why would you do Drama with 2 ppl lmao

But seriously, are there other alternatives to group work? It could disadvantage you with less people, but with too much, it gets into a hassle.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Why would you do Drama with 2 ppl lmao

But seriously, are there other alternatives to group work? It could disadvantage you with less people, but with too much, it gets into a hassle.
There aren't that I know of, the group project is a core assessment in the HSC.

KotaBear99

HSC
Our teacher keeps saying that it is our own ideas and that nobody else can help us, she sits in on all of our rehearsals and checks our logbooks CONSTANTLY. Although this could be a good thing because she is constantly monitoring us so we are slightly motivated to do the work so our butts don't get kicked, it really isn't because she buts in all the time.

Since I created this post, my classmate has decided to stay in the class...but I'm unsure that them staying is a good thing...we always clash and they have an extreme literal thinking pattern (not that there is anything wrong with that). I'm trying to think of abstract and effective ways to conduct this group piece but my class mate thinks other wise, our egos clash more than anything and so do our ideas. I think abstract and in a logical sequence, while his way is literal but all over the place in different parts so I get lost and confused very easily. He is also the kind of person to not take well to others expressing their feelings. I have severe mental health problems and I quite often become anxious when I have to attend this class, and I become depressed while in it because it's not a positive environment anymore. There is constant fighting and I'm always in the middle of it. More than once I have tried telling him and my teacher about how they should try and be more open minded to what the other is saying, and to try and find common ground but each time I am told by my teacher that it isn't their fault that the student is being disrespectful and my classmate has told me not to blame it on him and that I'm a 'sook' for thinking that he is causing any kind of negative vibe in the classroom. I'm finding it very hard to continue with the class. I'm trying to push for the stronger elements of drama to be included in our group performance but I always get the whole "don't tell me that this bullcrap needs to be in it, it will be fine without it" (this being said when we were discussing the message of the group performance). Drama is very important to me and I need the marks for my uni course, but my mental stability is suffering. I'm now the one thinking I should drop the class. :/

Kezzam

HSC
our drama class is awesome as we've only got 7 people and 3 are dropping at the start of year 12. our teachers good tho haha
she's afraid of birds so class is fun. just try to find similarities in the pair and work from there.
:devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)