• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2 Unit Maths, 3 Unit Maths, Physics And Biology Tuition (1 Viewer)

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
I tutor 2 unit Advanced Maths, 3 unit Extension 1 Maths, Physics, and Biology.

For Physics I tutor all the core topics, as well as the option topic Medical Physics.

For biology I tutor all the core topics, as well as the option topic Genetics: The Code Broken?

I live in the Kogarah area, near Hurstville. If you are too far away it is possible to meet halfway, for example at the University of Sydney: Fisher library, State Library (near St James, Wynard and Circular Quey), or Hurstville City Library, though other locations are negotiable.

I attained a UAI of 97.15 in the 2006 HSC, and I am currently doing a Bachelor of Advanced Science at the University of Sydney.
My relevant HSC marks were:

Physics: 91 (100)

Maths advanced: 94 (100)

Maths Extension 1 : 45 (50)

Senior Science: 98 (100) [Seventh in the state]

Biology: 94 (100)

I attained a Distinction in Linear Algebra and Differential Calculus, and a High Distinction in Advanced Physics in Semester 1. I am maintaining a High Distinction Average for Advanced Physics, Advanced Integral Calculus and Modelling, and Chemistry (Human Biology bordering on HD/D) for Semester 2

My fee is $30 an hour.

If you would like to contact me for further information my email address is nhan4769@usyd.edu.au (PREFERRED METHOD OF CONTACT)

Alternatively you can contact me via my mobile on 0415803091. It would be best if you texted me however, as I have my phone constantly on silent so as I have a lot of lectures, and my phone vibrate sucks : ).

Last edited:

M.S.

HSC
This guy is a good friend of mine, and he is a brilliant scientist. He's set to become a highly acclaimed academic in whatever science field he chooses. If you want to pass physics and biology with flying colours, get in contact with this guy.

He's doing advanced physics and advanced biology in university so he really knows his stuff.

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
Thanks mate. :)
That's Michael Su, him and his twin brother Dave got 99.95 UAI in 2006 and live in the North Shore area, more commonly known as Su territory. There aren't many people in the state smarter than Michael and David (that did the HSC last year that is :p). Give those guys a call if you want to greatly improve your marks for the HSC and live near the North Shore. They've got a thread here http://community.boredofstudies.org/482/general/135384/su-twins-north-shore-tutors.html

Nothing wrong with the shamless promotion of good friends :D

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
"We all have to do things we don't want too! Like have jobs and families, and responsibilities and having to be Mr. Funny all the time! You think I wouldn't rather be living nude in the forest like some ancient pagen just dancing around playing the pan flute?!?! And here we are"
BUMP!!! ;)
Bobness will give free tutoring to who ever can guess who the quote is from... actually thats a shameful lie :p
Hey I just finished my exams I'm allowed to be silly :D

Last edited:

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
I went to Hurlstone Agricultural High School out at Glenfield. You?

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
You know the deal: bumpity ;)
Just letting any interested parties know I still have room for about 2 more students.

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
Reviving this thread now that my exams are over. Read the first post it has all the info you need :). I have a a few more slots available for tutoring now that I'm on holidays (which means excellent availability). Add to that over a year and a half experience and how can you go wrong =D

HSC
N/A
i never thought you could do phys and bio AND senior science..

i thought it was like eng, if u do standard, u cant do extension

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
dark.deceptionz said:
i never thought you could do phys and bio AND senior science..

i thought it was like eng, if u do standard, u cant do extension
From what I've seen it seems to depend on the school. Well actually everyone I've spoken to not from my old High School said that if you are doing 2 sciences (any 2) you cannot do Senior Science.

It certaintly makes sense because I do agree that people that do 2 sciences plus Senior Science have a huge advantage. I'm not sure if our school employs the same rules and for some reason I slipped by.

I used to do Physics, Biology and Chemistry in Year 11 and dropped Chemistry (kind of silly since I do Chem at uni now, and its easy :p) in Year 12 to pick up Senior Science. Maybe that whole doozy allowed them to miss the fact that I already did 2 sciences (they saw someone dropping a science and picking up Senior. It was fairly uncommon in my year for someone to do all 3 sciences).

Anywho anybody who does have the opportunity to do SS after doing 2 other science subjects, I wholeheartedly recommend it :D. Its like a junior version syllabus of Bio (inflammation response), Physics (refraction, reflection, electromagnetic waves), and Chem (colloids).

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
behemoth100 said:
"We all have to do things we don't want too! Like have jobs and families, and responsibilities and having to be Mr. Funny all the time! You think I wouldn't rather be living nude in the forest like some ancient pagen just dancing around playing the pan flute?!?! And here we are"
BUMP!!! ;)
Bobness will give free tutoring to who ever can guess who the quote is from... actually thats a shameful lie :p
Hey I just finished my exams I'm allowed to be silly :D
HAHAHA am i this famous? Stop using my popularity to sell your services, or at least ask me first so i can help you with it :wave:

I, Bob, do attest to the brilliancy of this tutor.*

*my sponsorship fee is $60 ie one lesson's worth with me

Oh and do i know you? Are you involved with the paid physics/science research at USYD over this summer hols? Because i might have seen you when i visited your campus last week :D

Or maybe you know jon, jason, morris, webster, graham et al. My connections run far.

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
Haha yeah I know Webster (Dave Webster I assume :) ), we played soccer every wednesday and I did TSP at CUDOS, but whether or not I bumped into you... I'm not sure, but I would have relished the opportunity =D.
Bobness, master of networking. :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)