• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2 Unit Maths Accel. and 4 Unit Maths (1 Viewer)

mchampshire

HSC
Does anybody know what happens for 2 unit math mark I received last year, if I'm doing 4 unit maths this year. No one at my school has been able to give me even a somewhat clear answer.

Basically I got band 6 in 2 unit last year, and e3 in 3 unit, and now I'm resitting 3 unit and I've taken 4 unit. So is it possible they will count 6 units of math for my HSC mark?

Thanks

lolman12567

HSC
if you do 4unit all that happens is that your 2 unit hsc mark doesn't count

3u and 4u will both count as 2 units each, so 4 units of maths(3u and 4u) will count not 6 units.

mchampshire

HSC
Yeah but my point is that I've already sat the 2 unit exam and received a mark for it. So I will have done a 2 unit, and unlike just normally doing 4 unit where you don't sit the 2 unit exam, I have.

So shouldn't it count as well, since 4 unit is a completely separate subject?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
No. You lose your 2unit mark

Im in same situation because I did accelerated 2unit last year, and am doing 4unit this year

vds700

HSC
mchampshire said:
Does anybody know what happens for 2 unit math mark I received last year, if I'm doing 4 unit maths this year. No one at my school has been able to give me even a somewhat clear answer.

Basically I got band 6 in 2 unit last year, and e3 in 3 unit, and now I'm resitting 3 unit and I've taken 4 unit. So is it possible they will count 6 units of math for my HSC mark?

Thanks
As has been said, 2 unit mark doesn't count, extension 1 and extension 2 each count for 2 units, so u get a mark out of 100 for each, what u got for 2 unit is irrelivent.

BTW I'm exactly the same as you did accel 2 and 3 unit last year, am now resitting 3 unit and doing 4 unit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)