$200 Train Penalty Appeal HELP (1 Viewer)

cindy2015

HSC
N/A
Hi there,

When on my way to go back home, I tapped-on(I am sure) at Olympic Park train station, the closed gate opened and I passed it to take a train. And I also saw 3 Transport Officers who hold a ticket reader were standing in the train when the door opened. And I knew I had tapped on so I took a seat quietly to wait my turn to check ticket.

But the ticket reader can't recognise my tap on activity and the officer said I have to pay the penalty!!

I can't believe it! The gate has opened! If not, I would tap-on again! And I saw there were officers in the train, if really didn't tap on, no one would be silly to take the train to meet them!

When I transferred at Redfern Station, I tapped-off to check. It charged me full fair and it means no tap-on.

I think this is system's fault, not mine. The officers should check the camera. But anyway lesson learned.

--What can I do now??? Does this impact my credit record an immigration result?
--Could somebody give me a hand?

And I also ask a station staff at Redfern, he said I can write a letter to State Debt Recovery after I receive the penalty letter.

sy37

HSC
Appeal it, write what you wrote above it'll 99% get accepted. If this is your second appeal, it probably will not. But they are pretty lenient on first timers.

cindy2015

HSC
N/A
Appeal it, write what you wrote above it'll 99% get accepted. If this is your second appeal, it probably will not. But they are pretty lenient on first timers.
Thanks a lot for trusting me!

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
What you should next time is ask them to call the station to view the cctv? Otherwise id refuse to give them my details

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)