2002 Half-Yearly Nightmares (1 Viewer)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Can last year's grads be kind of enough to take the time to relay their half yearly nightmares? Some of us are packing it about screwing up certain exams that had big weightings and it's just nice to know about people who've overcome it and excelled. (Motivation thing)

Thank you!

pinkbella

Dancing naked in the moonlight (can't handle it? d
Case Study #1: My best friend
Failed every single maths assesment. No joke. She FAILED. Below 50% in every single one.
Only did 10 units, so maths counted.
Emerged with a UAI of 85.75
Is now at university.
Not studying Maths

Case Study #2: My ex-boyfriend
He's a shithead, but a generally intelligent boy.
Was coming 110th out of 112 in Advanced English most of the year
UAI of 82.something (I didn't care at the time, I got higher)
Also in university.
Still a complete and utter dickhead.

Now these UAI's are not sparklingly brilliant. And they both did reasonably well in their other subjects.
But they are good enough for uni.
And it's proof that screwing up once will not ruin your UAI.
OK? So *breathe*, be calm, and let the thoughts of schoolies after it all roll...

Twintip

I wasn't happy with any of my half-yearlies except English (which makes no sense at all any way you look at it if you know me) but I'm still on track for 98+ (99 with any luck, just to satisfy myself, even though I only need 97 if I don't get that magic 99.6).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe u already know my HSC nightmares, Infinite :)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Twintip
I wasn't happy with any of my half-yearlies except English (which makes no sense at all any way you look at it if you know me) but I'm still on track for 98+ (99 with any luck, just to satisfy myself, even though I only need 97 if I don't get that magic 99.6).
And what was the point of posting here again?

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Our half-yearlies were a joke, half the shit we studied for wasnt even in them and the majority of the form passed with flying colors.

The nightmares wont begin untill October lads.

Huy

HSC
N/A
my half yearly nightmare?

your calculator playing up (running out of batteries) halfway during an exam...

makes you want to scream!!!

hehe it didn't happen to me though,
but that's my maths-exam nightmare
(that never came to fruition... PHEW!)

*goes off to replace his calc battery*

Last edited:

professor

well...the chair i was sitting was a bit...'noisy'...so everytime i move my bum...it makes a hugh noise and the whole room just turns and look at me...pretty embrassing

losty

well im not a grad i did myy half yearlys a couple of weeks ago... and one day when i had 2 exams.. they werent in the school hall which sucked... we had the fucking school band playing in the hall throughout almost the entire exams.. we were in room near the hall which didnt help.. and to add to that they were painting the room next door and all you could hear was the roller paint thingy rolling up against the walls.... both not too helpful when your trying to do bio and re

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
hmmm looks like we're all sharing exam horror stories now... well i'm in the middle of 1/2 yearlies, and we have ours in the school gym, yesterday arvo, we were 'trying' to do an exam, and the whole way through all you could hear was some door banging outside in the wind like every 5 minutes! i was so mad.. and the supervisors were standing out the front shaking their heads every time it happened, yet not one of them did anything about it! grrrrrrrr we were like hello? it's yr 12? don't u want us to concentrate?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Going into an exam without any food in your system is pretty embarassing. I had Economics this morning and I think all my mate behind me could hear was my stomach grumbling for food.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
well i had my first half yearly today and i can relate to some of the problems already :p

-my stomach was grumbling SO loud
-we had a door banging loudly in the hall where we were doing our exam (and the supervisers didnt do anything even though it was 5 metres away... i think i jumped out of my seat about 10 times)
-they were building a bloody car shelter right ourside our hall...chainsaws, hammers, other loud building noises

hehe and one guy got a spontaneous nose bleed, ran through the hall dripping blood, and then crashed into the door.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by snakeoils

hehe and one guy got a spontaneous nose bleed, ran through the hall dripping blood, and then crashed into the door.
Ok that made me laugh ... I shouldn't have laughed.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Okay, this is what happened in Extension 1 English exam today :(

We were all writing away, a few minutes into the exam, what do we hear?

THE FIRE ALARM SIREN
it was going off for about 5 or so seconds,
so we didn't really know what to do!
(stop writing? continue? perform fire drills? what's going on!!!)

but it was a false alarm,
so we continued writing away for 2 hrs

also, we had yr 11's downstairs (we were sitting the exam upstairs in the yr 12 block) yelling and imitating the fire alarm siren... GOD that was annoying

furthermore, we had english fundamentals students writing beside us, that was okay... they didn't really interfere but when they left (their exam was shorter than ours), they were all speaking before they were out the door,

i had lost my train of thought.
it'll reflect my marks :p

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by Bon
Any excuse will do! :D

Nah, it is quite distracting, heh. Fortunately for me, I got to do my exams in a room by myself seperate to everyone else. :)
And what made you so special to have that privelege aye?

Twintip

He's probably one of those 'special provisons' people. He can't write so he gets someone else to do it for him and he gets more time and less distraction. :p

Rahul

Dead Member
exam nightmares....going to school without any sleep in the night(studying) and doing a 2u religion exam and then a 4u math test.....hectic!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)