2002 HSC Marks (1 Viewer)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Slice of heaven

since you asked i went to one of the worst public schools in nsw nad here are my marks, they're ok but seems like its not too good, gotta wait til later to find out.

physics 95
chemitry 88
english adv 87
math ext 1 96
math ext 2 90

i got to james busby, the exact opposite of james ruse.
:cool:
What UAI did u end up getting?

Milly

Well done to everyone =)

English Adv. - 92
English Ext. 1 - 48
Maths - 98
Maths Ext. 1 - 49
Latin - 96
SDD - 94

Indo (last year) - 94

My assessment mark for software got pushed up by 8 marks!! I found that really odd since I found the final exam much harder than any of the assessments we did at school...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Milly
Well done to everyone =)

English Adv. - 92
English Ext. 1 - 48
Maths - 98
Maths Ext. 1 - 49
Latin - 96
SDD - 94

Indo (last year) - 94

My assessment mark for software got pushed up by 8 marks!! I found that really odd since I found the final exam much harder than any of the assessments we did at school...
u mustve got a UAI in the extreme high 99's!
well done =)

btw, was ur name in the SMH for Top Students by Subject for SDD?
cos a guy at my school got 95 in SDD, and was 4th or 5th in the state

Milly

Originally posted by MinAi

u mustve got a UAI in the extreme high 99's!
well done =)

btw, was ur name in the SMH for Top Students by Subject for SDD?
cos a guy at my school got 95 in SDD, and was 4th or 5th in the state
Yup, 99.90 =)

Yeah, it was!! I only just noticed that MinAi, thanks!! Far out, I wasn't expecting that!!

del

HSC
N/A
Heya I got 94 like you too..... so you and me must've tied on the same place, whatever place it was... i don't know

1 more

fructis
HSC
To represent the few non-mathematically inclined people on the boardz:

2 English (Advanced) - 94/100 94/100 94 6
1 English Extension 1- 48/50 40/50 44 E3
2 General Mathematics- 91/100 95/100 93 6
2 Modern History- 91/100 83/100 87 5
1 History Extension- 48/50 40/50 44 E3
2 Studies of Religion II- 94/100 94/100 94 6
2 Visual Arts- 98/100 98/100 98 6

i felt too superstitious to post these before we got our UAI's, i was pretty upset that some of my assessment marks brought me down so much.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Slice of heaven

since you asked i went to one of the worst public schools in nsw nad here are my marks, they're ok but seems like its not too good, gotta wait til later to find out.

physics 95
chemitry 88
english adv 87
math ext 1 96
math ext 2 90

i got to james busby, the exact opposite of james ruse.
:cool:
there pretty awesome for bad public school, I go to an okay public school, and although we had some really high marks we also had the majority of people getting 50s and 60s (dont know this for fact cause I haven't talked to everyone, heard it off a friend who asked everyone about their marks).

andy_84

HSC RESULTS

Ancient History - HSC Mark 79 - Band 4 (Just missed the 5!)
Biology - HSC Mark 84 - Band 5 (Really happy with this!!!)
Standard English - HSC Mark 75 - Band 4
General Maths - HSC Mark 73 - Band 4
IPT - HSC Mark 81 - Band 5 (This was a suprise)

and my UAI is 80.05!

I'm really happy!!

Best wishes to everyone for the future! I hope we all gain entry to our desired courses and/or employment.

Have a verry Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Andy.

:cool: :santa:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
1) If you weren't scaled down, you'd be getting an advantage over everyone else.

2) If you had done courses that were scaled higher, you most likely would have received comparatively lower marks.

It does not 'sux', and UAC is not 'fuked up'. If you are unhappy with your results, don't blame the system; blame yourself.

That might sound overly harsh, but it's true.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Results:

Chem - 88
Engineering - 93
English (Adv) - 86
English (Ex1) - 45
Maths (Ex1) - 96
Maths (Ex2) - 91
Phys - 91

timmii

sporadic attendee
Its perfectly normal to get similar/same assessment and exam marks, regardless of consistency.

If you're ranked first in subjects then there is a high probability of that happening. It also depends on how the rest of your class went in the subject and how your assessment mark was then moderated. You may have gotten an exam mark of 85, but if you were ranked 10th maybe and the highest mark was 91, depending on the spacing etc and ur class performance, ur assessment mark may have turned out to be about 85 as well. Also, the marks are rounded, so you may have gotten a 85 exam and 85.4 assessment, with both being reported as 85.

Either way, doesn't matter much now does it? It's over...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Bon

You probably came first in those subjects and got the highest exam mark in your class..

Person who comes first in a subject automatically gets the highest exam mark as their moderated assessment mark, which is usually their own.
That's true

but I got 89 - 89 - HSC Mark: 89 for 2U Maths...and I was ranked like 35th!

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
tee hee, that's true. 3unit marks were 96, 96. My 4unit marks were off by four marks though.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by liz
Hey did anyone get the same mark for asessment, examination and hsc mark in a subject?? I got this for two of my subjects which i think is odd because i don't beleve i could of been that consistant.
yesh...I was just err, hmm, though I did better in my exam than that.

Milly

Originally posted by liz
Hey did anyone get the same mark for asessment, examination and hsc mark in a subject?? I got this for two of my subjects which i think is odd because i don't beleve i could of been that consistant.
That happened for me in all my subs except English Advanced.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by liz
neh ... all exam marks were slightly higher then assessments ... (maybe the two-month-post-trial break was a bit extravagent, maybe) ...

ben

All my assessment marks were higher than my exam marks (except english and maths) :rolleyes:

design and tech 95
mathematics 94
business studies 93
ancient history 92
english adv 89

physics 84

uai: 97.80 :D

timmii

sporadic attendee
For the 3 subjects I shared with my good friend I got her exam mark as my assessment mark....I basically have her to thank for saving my UAI!

When i got my hsc marks it was actually really interesting. I was ranked first in all my subjects except 1, so basically within seconds i could figure out if someone did better than me in the exam, and thanks to the gossip-conduciveness of msn, i'd figured out who the respective ppl were within 30mins(and i think for almost all of them it was my aforementioned friend)...I did below expectations in the exams themselves, so I'm a walking example of the advantages of a good rank.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by timmii
For the 3 subjects I shared with my good friend I got her exam mark as my assessment mark....I basically have her to thank for saving my UAI!

When i got my hsc marks it was actually really interesting. I was ranked first in all my subjects except 1, so basically within seconds i could figure out if someone did better than me in the exam, and thanks to the gossip-conduciveness of msn, i'd figured out who the respective ppl were within 30mins(and i think for almost all of them it was my aforementioned friend)...I did below expectations in the exams themselves, so I'm a walking example of the advantages of a good rank.
Thanks for posting that... will keep it in mind.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
'how to use school resources' ... let the smart people get you a decent assessment mark ... it sure help me get higher than what i would have got if i relied on my poor exams marks ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)