**2002 HSC - Question 21!!** (1 Viewer)

Rookie.

Hey does anyone in here know how to do question "21. (c)"? :confused: (it's the one on normalisation)

thnx in advance~ ;)

Huss

HSC
N/A
well the best way to seperate the tables will be to put computer number, computer ram and computer hard disk on one table and computer number, room number and phon extension on another table.

Table one--Computer
computer number<--Primary Key
computer ram
computer hard disk

Table two--Location
computer number<--Foreign Key
room number
phone extension

hope that helps :)--btw i hate these questions man friggin confusing :p

Rookie.

thnx man it did help > but also, what is the redundant data in the original table? Hey do u go to oately senior high now man?

Kimi Raikkonen

yo huss, is this HUSSEIN TALEB ?? did u go sylvania high school n now go to Oatley senior high??

i need an answer to that 2002 HSC question 21 , the bit about redundant data, like Rookie asked for, can u help?

Huss

HSC
N/A
no i didnt go to oatley senior high...i go to malek fahd islamic school. and hussein, do u no a dib taleb??

well for Q21b)the redundant data is location because there already is the room number which specifies the location. therefore location section is the redundant data because its the duplication of data. :)

and no i didnt go to sylvania high :p

rx72c

Hassan, that table is wrong, remeber every table must have a primary key and one of your tables only has a foreign key.

Zenum

Remeber to make room number a primary key of the location table as well once it has been normalised... and don't forget to add the relationship line

JRasnier

Zenum, is correct...i rushed down from upstairs, just to post the right answer once i got it, but then i was too late =\

L7

ACTUALLY! there is redundant data in the first table....look closely, youl see it..i dont have the test with me so i cant tell you, sorry...and now my comp is going screwy so im out (if only i had the knowledge to fix it)

Bandit

If you check the exemplar answers, you will find that simply leaving out Location is wrong. You must include it in the second table, with phone number. Yes, it repeats, but it was there for a reason.. so people know where something is, without memorising what room number is where. Good luck today :)

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Apparently you cant even make the link off the Computer Number field??? !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)