2002 Independent Software Design and Development Trial HSC (1 Viewer)

Dario

HSC
How did everyone find this morning's exam ? It was very hard. I couldn't understand the password algorithm and more !

Morgues

I did that one on wednesday
Was difficult eh? Yep thats the one Liz how did you go?

Morgues

We got 3 hours but ours was edited.....i didnt do a 4 mark question due to lack of time, the one where you had to study a flowchart and say which processes should be kept manual and which one automatic
i just wrote some 2 line crap

Morgues

Yep, I would have been starring at it for a looong time trying to find a mistake, but because of you it was the first thing I checked for :D Then again you get extra time so it evens itself out.....:cool:

Dario

HSC
I finished all the questions in 3 hours. Why was yours 2 1/2 hours ? That's strange. I think I might have finished on time because my answers weren't too good ! I found the Software Developer's View very good though. Except it took me ages to figure out how to convert the hexadecimal ASCII to letters. The stress of exams !

Dario

HSC
Really poorly ! It was very difficult to generate the random numbers and letters. For the CheckIfUnique routine I just went through the array and compared the new password to see if it had been already created. If you are talking about the part of the question that asked you to write a driver module, I pretty much wrote the same code as earlier. I always thought a driver was a small subprogram that let the OS communicate with peripheral devices.

Dario

HSC
What was the answer to the desk check ? I wrote a long answer that conveniently avoided the real question being asked.

-=AETOS=-

Yes A driver is that also. But it is also a small bit of code that initialises a module without the need for the program mainline if you know what I mean. I didn't have a clue about writing that but. It was a really difficult exam!! I hope the hsc isnt comparitivly similar.

chanfky

That exam was the hardest exam I've ever done in my whole life!!!
Did you guys need to write an algorithm for a binary search?
I don't know if mine was edited.

Morgues

The exam was tough but I honestly think the HSC last year was more difficult
the deskcheck answer was that the first element of the array was initialised at 0 however when going through the array it started at counter=1

-=AETOS=-

yeah the marks were pretty low overall. Theres bout 25 in my class however. Big range of marks. Lowest i think was 30% highest 82%.
My mark of 64.5 was bout 4th or 5th. So the guy that came first was quite a bit ahead from the rest of the pack.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
77% or thereabouts, but i havent got the paper back yet and i did it 2 weeks ago so i dont know exactly what was good/bad

i did the evolution of prog. lang's option, easier content i think, but perhaps harder to get a decent mark in because more ppl do it?

---edit---
i was 2nd, the guy who came 1st got 80, overall there wasn't alot in it (i think), total assesment marks we're equal 1st (yay i'm good @ something :rolleyes:) i'm not sure of other marks (our SDD class is only 5 ppl)...

Last edited:

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
I was the only one who passed the paper at my school (class of ten), the lowest was 13%

bacco|007

We do our SDD class with 2 others from another school (not included in our candature come HSC)

I got 90% [Top Mark for our school, top mark overall was 91%]
the marks went 91,90,32,25,23

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
except for bacco, it seems the consensus is it was a pretty tough paper.

i suppose i could have studied more...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)