• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2002 UAI's (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

thats why u have to have a indepth understanding of the text/quotes/themes/etc and what is likely to be asked in the module, therefore u can strategically plan wat u will write in ur general prepared essay - ive been doing that since yr10 and have never been caught out, simply cos I kno wat to expect. So basically, with a prepared essay, u still gotta kno ur stuff
very true. :)

theres no use having written a perfect essay for one area of study, when they could ask you something else and you'll think what the hell?

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

thats why u have to have a indepth understanding of the text/quotes/themes/etc and what is likely to be asked in the module, therefore u can strategically plan wat u will write in ur general prepared essay - ive been doing that since yr10 and have never been caught out, simply cos I kno wat to expect. So basically, with a prepared essay, u still gotta kno ur stuff
I agree...there's one thing in memorising essays but on top of that you have to know your text really throroughly (qoutes, techniques) and what is expected of you!!!

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
if you do enough practice essays it will be as good as memorising. if your mind goes blank in the exam you can probably remember some stuff from a practice essay you've done. ideally tho they should prepare you to handle whatever question is thrown at you

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by timmii
Hmmmm, I'll be the lone voice of dissent and say I hate memorised essays. I mean if you practice enough different essays for a topic often enough, you do develop repeated phrases and you start knowing which points you include most often...but its too much effort and a waste of productive time to actually learn an essay rather than its contents - it also takes away flexibility. Just practice writing lots of essays, and then you won't need to memorise a single generic one.
okay, as a memorising person, i totally agree with that method but only in theory ... you see, highly lazy people (such as myself) dont have the necessary insight or sophisocation to produce works that i would be happy with on the spot or do the necessary work to reach that standard ... so memorising is the only option ... but thats just me, of course ... if you do do all the work then timmii's method is how its meant to be done ...

timmii

sporadic attendee
Someone mentioned quotes before...thats what i actually went with. I learnt heaps and heaps of quotes (just because i find that fairly natural, and they make sense - plus leeway is given if u don't get them verbatim)...EAch quote had a point associated with it by nature of it being relevant

e.g AOS: "even if nothing is there at least there'll be a draught" - can illsutrate that even the action of change is positive. That way when i remember the quotes, i remember the points and along comes an essay....

I know a lot of ppl who used memorised essays. It was 50/50 though, sometimes it served them well, sometimes less so. My method may not guarantee you 19/20, but it may offer a consistent 18/20 etc....Also, teachers can tell memorised essays, and often ppl forget to shape them to the question. However, this year there weren't any actual questions per se, so some ppl were pretty lucky in being able to regurgitate their stuff...may not always be the case.

Bottom line: find something that works for you - you have 3 terms to practice and perfect it in many an assessment task/exam.

JeLi'me

A bit late to post but still ~ Extremely happy

Really happy with my result , although it's so long ago

got UAI of 99.90 :D , but Lazseeker gave me a hundred man :mad1:

HSC RESULTS
bio - 87
adv eng - 92
chem - 95
maths ext 1 - 98
maths ext 2 - 95
physics - 94

I'm a USYD girl nows ... :cool:

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Re: A bit late to post but still ~ Extremely happy

Originally posted by JeLi'me
Really happy with my result , although it's so long ago

got UAI of 99.90 :D , but Lazseeker gave me a hundred man :mad1:

HSC RESULTS
bio - 87
adv eng - 92
chem - 95
maths ext 1 - 98
maths ext 2 - 95
physics - 94

I'm a USYD girl nows ... :cool:
What course you studying?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i dunno if ive already posted in this or not, and fuck trawling back through it to look

i got 94.1, and an abused liver

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i got 64.6, got into b management and turned it down for tafe. best decision i ever made. tafe is ace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)