N/A
Originally posted by *hopeful*
yeh i put 14 D as well
hey wat wuz numba 6 ? i kept tossing up between 2 answers
i put 19C and 20B
is 20 rite?
i hated d tps question.... how pathetic
6 - A
19 - No idea! I put A, could well be C though ;)
20 - B - look at the last two columns, 75 is numeric, and Y is boolean.
Originally posted by pocydto
So the marks we get on the record of achievement will actually be higher than the raw marks we get? :confused:
Yes, so you'll have an inflated ego if you see a high mark, when you thought you performed "bad" in some exam(s) :)

pocydto

Originally posted by Huy

Yes, so you'll have an inflated ego if you see a high mark, when you thought you performed "bad" in some exam(s) :)
Phew!!! I was soo freaked out when I saw people getting marks of 90+ in their record of achievement from last year's HSC!! :eek:
Because I thought it was the other way around... that the marks in the record of achievement is actually "SCALED DOWN" already hehe what a relief..

Huy

HSC
N/A
They could go to a selective school.
With very good ranks, some could be in the Top 100 or so (in the State!).

They could also have extremely good assessment marks, moderated to even higher assessment marks of 98-99!

Quality candidature at the school, everybody 'giving each other a hand' (no, not like that! :rolleyes: )

Don't be surprised at 90 on someone's Record of Achievement, but do be surprised at 95+

pocydto

Originally posted by Huy

They could also have extremely good assessment marks, moderated to even higher assessment marks of 98-99!

Hmm... I don't know if I'm misinterpreting you (issues relating to messaging systems :p), but isn't it only the ranks that matter in assessment marks?

Or is it like better coming 1st with an assessment mark of 90 than coming 1st with an assessment mark of 70?:confused:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Hmm... I don't know if I'm misinterpreting you (issues relating to messaging systems :p), but isn't it only the ranks that matter in assessment marks?

Or is it like better coming 1st with an assessment mark of 90 than coming 1st with an assessment mark of 70?:confused:
1st is 1st.

But within the same subject, 1st on 90 and 1st on 70 matters (I think! Don't quote me ;))

LOL @ issues relating to msg systems!

The ranks matter in the end, not the assessment mark. But maybe what I should have said was:

"With an assessment mark of 90, it may be aligned to a mark of 97 (for argument's sake) - which will look a lot better on the Record of Achievement than reporting the 'raw' mark of 90"

:)

pocydto

Originally posted by Huy
1st is 1st.

"With an assessment mark of 90, it may be aligned to a mark of 97 (for argument's sake) - which will look a lot better on the Record of Achievement than reporting the 'raw' mark of 90"

Ahhh I see your point now :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Ahhh I see your point now :)
*poke*

Pretty sharp point too *says with an unsure expression on his face*

Some new/recent BOS members haven't been around long enough to discover my personality (or lack, thereof) - especially in "serious" subjects such as IPT.

Just on IPT, and back on topic, am I the only joker to put:

"Name of exam: Information Processes and Technology" on every single booklet? LOL.

I thought about putting "IPT" but since I had 3-4 booklets with the same "official" subject naming convention, I thought I'd stick to it throughout and keep it consistent. :rofl: I'm an idiot :D

pocydto

Originally posted by Huy

"Name of exam: Information Processes and Technology" on every single booklet? LOL.

I thought about putting "IPT" but since I had 3-4 booklets with the same "official" subject naming convention, I thought I'd stick to it throughout and keep it consistent. :rofl: I'm an idiot :D
Hehe I wrote IPT, and other people in my class asked the supervisors, "Can we just write IPT???"

Maul

Originally posted by Huy
For my trials, I didn't even finish my paper and ended up with 80%

I lost about 8-12 marks in the last Option Topic (Multimedia, Question 28) because I didn't have any time. I was "crapping on" so hard for each question, trying to squeeze every last mark out of my answer - BAD MOVE.

I wasted so much time.

As you can see in my ZIP file above, I've got times and projected finishing times all over it, because I kept looking at my watch, looking around to see how many booklets/questions are left to fill out.

I ended up writing 8 booklets, for the 6 questions (Q21-24, Q25 TPS and Q28 Multimedia).

Thankfully, I wrote at blazing speed (somehow) and finished with a quarter of an hour to 20 minutes before the exam.

I asked to leave, and they told me to take the paper with me. LOL

I'm pretty confident too, maybe a little overconfident, but 90-95%+ raw exam mark is achievable, if not impossible (the questions weren't hard, you just had to write SO MUCH on each to maximise marks)

Thanks for the support, buddy. :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Maul
Thanks for the support, buddy. :)
Sure, not a problem (Darth?) Maul ;)

morrisoner

* i think *

they use the hsc exam to rank the schools.

then they get ur rank with in ur school, the assesment mark.

if u get a high rank in assesment mark and u go to a high rank school, then it is harder to get the higher rank. so they give u an extra boost in ur modified mark

whereas if u go to a dumb school its easier to get a high rank so they dont modify it as high.

i dont know if that makes sense but it does in my head hehe

baadshah-x

multiple coice

look guyz..

the answer for 16 is b --> def..i can bet my life on it..
dunno bout 19 tho...
i put (a) coz it makes sense... ENROL.Stu_ID as primary key...becomes a foreign key -STUDENT.STu_ID
n similarly... the primary key ENROL.Subj_No... corresponds with the foreign key- SUBJECT.Subj_No
???????

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by honky tonk
I have a question.. did everyone else get D for Question 14?
i put the one that was 8*1024, because thats the number used to calculate file size.
when i came out, i asked my teacher and he said that i was right.

Zenum

Well to clear things up this is wat i got for all MC:
1. B
2. B
3. C
4. A
5. B
6. B (but thought about A)
7. D
8. D (just look in the text book)
9. B (85% educated guess)
10. D (been there done that :p)
11. D
12. A
13. B (That was a giveaway mark)
14. B (8x1024 turns stuff into kb)
15. A
16. B (simple binary)
17. C (time consuming)
18. C
19. C (A and B are wrong cause u can only have ONE primary key in a table)
20. B (Could also be A)

hehe wow for somereason this went faster then in the exam :p

In addition... i may not have finished 20 minutes early but i wrote a hell of a lot for everything... finished 5 minutes early... fairly confident with everything i wrote... hopeing around 95% +-5% :p
(Looks like Huy has some competition ;))

JRasnier

19 cannot be A, since one database cannot have two primary keys....simple as that...ENROL is a database on its own....

timcos

Originally posted by Huy
I spaced myself with what EXCEL IPT guides you with.

Section I - 35 minutes
Section II - 70 minutes
Section III - 70 minutes.

I ended up doing something like:

Section I - 10 minutes
Section II - 1 hour, 15 minutes
Section III - 1 hour, 15 minutes [/B]
Yeah, I was planning to keep it spread out but I guess it all got the better of me. I left at 4:05pm, the exam was that easy. Spent 1h 10 on secs 1&2, 50 mins on sec 3. Then I was gorrn :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i have a Q with 17. the conditions clearly state that the loss is under $300. so wouldnt that rule C out as it is 300..am i making sense?
coz i was always told in maths, that say it had under $300 then that meant it had to be $299.99 or less..but i could quite easily be wrong..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)