2003 HSC paper (1 Viewer)

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
heyy,
who has attempted part (b) of question 10 of the 2003 HSC paper???
jus wana know how u found it if youve done it :)
if you havnt done it try it...

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
ive done it... i like questions like this.... they look impossibly hard yet they arent that bad..... i wasnt able to do the last part though........ didnt exactly know how like what to do next.... how about you howd u go?

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
LOL wtf is that?
Why can't all of the parts of q10s be like.. time payments and stuff? :(

beentherdunthat

HSC
Post it, post it, I cbb going on the real bos site. Gives me nightmares :S

beentherdunthat

HSC
Martyno1 said:
Haha easy question. Look at the allocated marks. what does it tell you? It means that you don't need a surgical procedure to get to the answer. PEICE OF ADVICE FOR YOU TWO-UNiTERs.. the LAST Question always has questions that carry on.. so Bi) leads onto ii) and iii) and thereon and thereafter.

AND DON'T GET SCARED BY thE QuesTION!!!!

EDIT: Thanks for posting the question. That was the whole idea of this post :p

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
wrxsti said:
ive done it... i like questions like this.... they look impossibly hard yet they arent that bad..... i wasnt able to do the last part though........ didnt exactly know how like what to do next.... how about you howd u go?
lmaoo
yeahh same here
i was doin d last part
and then i began to flip pages...
i was lyk wait a second
didnt evn realise it took me two pages...
one stupid plus stuffd it all up about 3/4 way thru
but it was okk
really weird question but..

the time payment part was simple wen compared to other shocking ones ive seen. i remember this one time payment question had logs in it, it wasnt hard, but the fact it had logs in it stressd a lot of ppl out hehe

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
OMG, I thought I was the only one having that problem... I did Q10 b)'s (i) and (ii), then I look at (iii), and even after checking the answer, I have no idea what it's on about. And you know how it says "do not prove this", I can't even prove it... let alone do the question at all... I went to my school and asked my teacher... She was like "oh your trials won't have questions like that"... and never answered me my question... sigh..

And I would also like a step-by-step "for dummies" working out for this question if possible :D I'm just a bit slow in terms of mathematics.... THANKS!! xD

kokodamonkey

HSC
aah yes.. very easy.. if you want a HARD question do the hsc 2000 question 10 b).. now when i attempted that i was like wtf...why cant i get this.. ( i have a big ego considering i do 2u and im ranked 3/130 and im beating all the 3u kids apart from the 2above me) and then in economics there were some 4u kids in my class and i went to them im like yo can you help me with my 2u question and they are like yeah sure whatever its 2u pfft.. and after a while they gave up.... anyway i asked around... at the time that it happened, only ONE PERSON in the state got full marks/got it out. its the snow plough one.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
The hardest papers have got to be the 2002 and 2003, all the rest are relatively straightforward.

Just a hint also, If your school does sell the Mathematical Association book which has all the HSC papers AND answers from 1997 to the 2006, get it.

Theres one for 2 unit, Ext 1 and Ext 2. It helps a bunch in understanding the procedures.

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
Rekkusu said:
The hardest papers have got to be the 2002 and 2003, all the rest are relatively straightforward.

Just a hint also, If your school does sell the Mathematical Association book which has all the HSC papers AND answers from 1997 to the 2006, get it.

Theres one for 2 unit, Ext 1 and Ext 2. It helps a bunch in understanding the procedures.
Yeah, fortunately my school handed out the success one HSC book to every student, which i used to study 4 the trial we jus had nd where i came across question 10 of the 2003 paper
but its very helpful, because it has all the working out in the answer, for those questions which seem too difficult to evn look at :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)