2003 Trial results (1 Viewer)

swisstruffles

HSC
got mine back today- i finally broke out of the low 60's bracket for once!! lol~ i got 85%, which is heaps good for me in geo. :)
piccaniny- i owe u heaps; i got 20 for the biophysical response, and 18 for the megacities :cool:

Benno

HSC
i got 63/100 lol i stuffed up short answers so bad and economic activity but i did good in ecosystem and megacitys.
i got 2nd over all and my final rank is 2nd aswell :)

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
well done swisstrufles. Congratulations i got 70% i was very upset with result. originally i got 69% ( what a mark) and got one extra mark to make it 70%.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i got 13 out of 15 for multiple choice. i did poorly short answer section and extended responce question (last q. about tourism) i did bad.

swisstruffles

HSC
lol piccanniny; for my english which was shocking, i got 69% as well...:rolleyes:

i did pretty good in essays part, as i knew what the Q's were before...i got 20/20 for ecosystems and 19/20 for megacities...for multiple choice, i got 12 or 13 which wasn't too bad i thought.

swisstruffles

HSC
is it heiniken or something?? its really heavy, and has an orangey colour base for the tital cover...a train i think..mountains...its pretty good but really light in global activity thingy- we've relied solely on handouts from our teacher for that one.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
yeah i have that book too. i actually met the author - Grand Kleeman. i dont really like the book because it does not get to the point. the best book i think is maquarie hsc geography its short and clear.

Ringo

89%, first in the year, but I bombed in skills - I got like 10/15 and only because one of the answers was dodgy.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
68% which is crap but it was the top mark in our class of 9. Aiming for at least 75% in the HSC exam

anastabation

I got 72% which was the top of a class of 7. I am really good at the local case studies but not so great at the multiple choice and short answer parts as I didn't do geo in year 9/10 - I missed out on alot of the skills stuff.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
same with me year 11 was my first year for geography. i did history in year 10. so i wasnt the ace in my class although i came 2 twice

anastabation

I have topped every exam over the past 2 years except one, mainly because I have memorised the case studies (however, alot of it is cramming. I have a brilliant short term memory and a horrible long term one) however I am ranked 3rd in the grade because I came 5th in both the assignments. The Bullshit thing is, the people who beat me obviously had help from other people (big brothers ect), where as I did them all on my own. My ranks do not reflect how good I am compared to everyone else as I top exams in geo, general maths, and finish alot higher then my rank suggests in advanced english. The only subjects where my true rank is reflected is PE and DRAMA. I do not think that assesment tasts should count towards the HSC mark. They should only be used as a guide/

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
yeah, i am pissed off coz one bad assessment task for business studies dragged my whole overall mark and rank down. I know I can get a much better mark in the exam...>: / But at least if your whole school does well in the exam your assessment marks get pulled up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)